Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently am looking for a new Enduro bike for next year and the nukeproof mega 290 alloy comp ticked all the boxes for me. Seems like a good all around bike, even capable in blue flowy trails (not 100% sure but according to some reviews yes).

My question is, have any of you bought a nukeproof bike and lives in Canada/north america ? Do you think it is a bad idea because they are based in the UK ? (For warranty or parts for example) I could only find one dealer in Canada and it's great bike north. They are based in Alberta and I live in Quebec so I would have to purchase online.

Any bad experiences from buying a bike from a company that is based overseas ? Any kind of input/advice/experience is appreciated !

Thank you !

· Registered
104 Posts
Have a friend who bought a hardtail Nukeproof from Great Bike, from what I recall he didn't have any issues. Not sure how the price compares to places like CRC but you won't be paying the extra 13% duty from buying outside of Canada. They look like great bikes.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
My understanding is the 13% duty is paid by the bike shop and passed on to the consumer.
IME It's usually costs a little more whenr buying from within Canada, but far less headache's and well worth the cost.

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,080 Posts
While there's little chance of getting nuked in Canada, the US is directly south and could definitely get nuked by China, Russia or even North Korea, so it's probably a good idea.

Reactions: PTCbiker

· Registered
513 Posts

Reactor and Mega...just kept my eyes on CRC this summer and bought them when they were available. Both bikes are awesome and CRC has been great with customer service. I had an issue with the eyelet bearing on the fox shock on the Reactor that made a terrible noise and took me a while to figure out where it was coming from but other than that both bikes have been flawless and a joy to ride. The mega is to me more like an sb150 you can use it as an all-around bike but you really have to charge it hard to enjoy it and more mellow terrain the reactor is like an incredible all mountain bike that I would take anywhere and do anything with. I bought both bikes as complete but in each case completely remove their parts and put my own parts on unfortunately there hasn't been many frames available which is always my choice. I can tell you having owned many premium bikes over the last few years mostly Yetis and Santa Cruz that these bikes leave me wanting nothing. I had a tallboy V4 before the reactor and the reactor is soooo much better for aggressive riding and still climbs very well. Given the prices of bikes and the way things have been going I am pleasantly surprised to find more budget friendly bikes being so good to ride. I don't know this for sure but think Fezzari's bikes are manufactured in the same place as NP and Vitus. I think the Delano Peak is probably pretty close to the Reactor. Check them out as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.