Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Broken and dizzy
694 Posts
Bought my Fly from Richardsbicycles.com . Really good experience. Worked with the guys on changing a few things on the build and they had no problem with helping me out. They kept me posted on the status and the bike showed up on time and in good condition. The build quality was there as well.
When buying online, do your homework (like you've started), CALL the potential vendor and get a feel for how they handle your questions. Anyone that's put out with answering your questions and seems aloof, is someone you DON'T want to do business with.

Good luck with your purchase....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for your response. I live in New England and there are not many Foe Dealers in my area. I was hoping to hear that some people have had a good experience with online dealers.
Trix

·
Registered
231 Posts
Boutique Bikes in Maine would be worth a phone call as well. They are a Cust Service oriented shop that deals with the high end manufacturers. They just took on Foes. He posts on the Turner board often. I do not have number but I am sure you can find it

Chris

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Innocent Bystander said:
We did just pick up Foes... or are in the last throws of the process anyway. Drop me a line if you want more than one option. We are in Maine in 2 locations, Central and Northern Maine.
great to hear....other than the X5, the new 2:1 FXR would be the only ~5" travel bike I would own. even though you guys have a lawyer working with you, I would definitely give you my business ;)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Innocent Bystander said:
LOL, I will make sure Esquire reads that post.

The new 2:1 FXR is really interesting. I think the 6" version would be lots of fun.
and as far as esquire goes, i am surprised he did not fight to pick up the Ellsworth line instead of Foes.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Innocent Bystander said:
We actually had a run in with TE himself, and it wasn't of the pleasant nature. He was a little... er... miffed at our parody on the website of the Turner ICT fiasco. There was no real chance of ever picking Ells up after that ordeal, from both ours and their standpoint.
i actually knew about that at the time......i was completely joking. just figured i would take yet another stab at esquire is all :)

·
I bike long tyme.
1,106 Posts
I've bought a Foes and a Cruz from Richards and Mike Richards is top-notch. The guy goes to all ends to satisfy the customer. Every time. I've also bought a couple frames off Adrenaline and actually get most of my gear from them. They're killer too. Ask for Gabrielle or Max. They are the resident Foes experts and know a ton about set-up and component selection. They're addicted to the craft and it shows in their enthusiasm. Either one will hook you up supremely. Go-Ride has a good thing going on too.

·
3 "fiddy" for short
2,739 Posts
Mike Richards is the man!!

I will throw in a vote for Richards. I ended up buying a Turner from him and could not have asked for a better experience. Mike will take his time answering all of your questions and make sure that you are 100% satisfied with the bike. My Turner ended up with a stuckdown DHX air about 2 weeks after I bought the bike. So, I called Mike at Richards and with in 1 hour he had all the information that I needed to send the shock to Fox for warranty repair. To top it off, he paid for the shipping both ways! Talk about standing behind what you sell. Go with Richards, you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If I may toot my own horn...

sctrix1 said:
Has anyone bought Foes on line from adrenalinebikes.com or any other online dealer. If so How was your experience?
Trix
We've got a guy who's been on the 2:1 FXR for the last bunch of months and absolutely loves it. Give us a call and he'll tell you all about it. Just click the link in my signature.

Sorry for the overt ad, but may as well give everyone a try and pick for yourself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.