Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for an entry-level bike. I will be doing mostly paved path riding with occasional dirt trails. I will be jumping stuff and riding it pretty hard. I have looked at the Giant Rincon, Giant Boulder and SE, Raleigh M40, 2004 Raleigh M50 and a Jamis Cross Country 2.0. Which of these bikes would be better and last longer. All of these bikes are in the range that I am looking to spend. Are any of these significantly better than another? Or I have the opportunity to buy a month old Trek 4300 for $275.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
go with best fit & feel

3fitty said:
I am in the market for an entry-level bike. I will be doing mostly paved path riding with occasional dirt trails. I will be jumping stuff and riding it pretty hard. I have looked at the Giant Rincon, Giant Boulder and SE, Raleigh M40, 2004 Raleigh M50 and a Jamis Cross Country 2.0. Which of these bikes would be better and last longer. All of these bikes are in the range that I am looking to spend. Are any of these significantly better than another? Or I have the opportunity to buy a month old Trek 4300 for $275.
I'm not very familiar with any of the bikes you listed, but being an entry level first bike you should test ride as many as you can and go for the one that fits and feels the best. Find a local bike store that is willing to tell you about the different components on each and will work with you to adjust the new bike to fit you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
got a deal for you

I got a deal for you. If you are interested I have a Diamondback Coil "03 model and it has about 100 miles on it. This bike is in great condition and would be an excellent starting bike if you are on a budget. Let me know if you are interested.

Malariavalley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts