Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get my first 29er to ride local complex singletrack and eventually enter a race or two next year. LBS have Cannondale, Trek GF, Specialized, Giant to choose from. Any help would be great as all shops have aggressive March sales coming up.

Any suggestions will help. Want to get the best possible. I'm 6'0, 250#

thanks,
m

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. I have the Paragon and the XTC 1 on my list. The LBS was recommending the RockHopper LTD 29er, is the Stumpjumper the way to go? Also have the Cannondale Flash 29er 1/2 on the list.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would say the GF Paragon/X-Cal or Cannondale Flash 1/2. The GF X-Cal has amazing handling, especially in tight technical stuff and rides really nice. The Flash is a really solid feeling bike. It rides extremely smooth and true and the lefty fork is light and really plush. Doesnt handle as nice as the GF though but I think overall its a more well rounded bike. I tried the Stumpjumper and really wasnt impressed. It didnt do anything particularly well in my opinion. Not as nimble as the GF and just felt significantly cheaper than the Flash.

The XTC was a nice bike but rides a little heavy. I definitely noticed the weight during climbs. Wasnt as entertaining a ride as the other 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.