Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. Looking to buy a new 29er and opinions are valued. I have a 2011 Rumblefish 2. I enjoy it but never ridden anything else, RF was first 29 and first FS. I like characteristics of 29ers, climbing, etc. I'm hoping to find more nimble / controllable bike to enjoy the downhill a bit more...and tight tight switchbacks. Will I be safe/happy with any new 29er FS just from normal tech advances over 4 years? Would hate to go over 4k, open to buying used too. Thoughts?

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
Here's some fun videos testing some current bikes. Watch them all.
The Enduro tests on this site are another good source.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 2011 Rumblefish, I demo'd the Fuel 9.8 last weekend and it was pretty awesome. I would say the advances in the last couple of years with respect to 29ers are pronounced. On a related note, I demo'd the 650b Remedy, I was underwhelmed.

·
Just Ride
285 Posts
Cannondale scalpel 2 can't go wrong.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
In the Bible of Bike test posted above, the Specialized Camber got great reviews, but I think they had the version with the Pike, which probably makes a huge difference over the lower priced models. Still the EVO aluminum version lists for $3k and they have more affordable models, too, might be worth checking one out in your price range.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Giant Anthem 29er!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts