Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. Is there another independent, besides Ibex, that has a decent reputation?

TIA

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
i dont know much about woodstock but i do own an ibex. ibex are awesome bikes! their customer service is #1. seems like ibex is more of an established company than some of the other online companies. ibex has a sale right now on their bikes, you can get a trophy comp x7 for $700, that is one heck of a deal.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
More options

Kinley, Leader Bike USA (frames only), Fezzari.

What happened to the Forge???

Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
Kinley, Leader Bike USA (frames only), Fezzari.

What happened to the Forge???

Bob
It's still staring out of my shed at the snow (got another 4 inches yesterday - and this is New Mexico for ya')

Anyway, I still believe the Forge is a great bike for the price. That was my budget - I had to buy three bikes for Xmas :eekster: and I have no regrets. I am, however, a techie-mechancio-obsessive sort of guy and wish they would've spec'd it with higher quality components and called it the 5zz or something and priced it accordingly.

Anyway, anyway... now others are interested in biking, have somewhat deeper pockets than mine, and because I have the time, I took on the job of researching.

Of the two local LBS's, one is all glitz and hard upsell and the other seems to be staffed only with part-time HS kids who could care less.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ibex has proven it's self with great bikes & customer service
I knew about Ibex :smallviolin:

The Kinley's seem to have better components; their web site needs some serious work tho. Don't think I'd buy from them based upon just hitting the site.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
LeMarque said:
I knew about Ibex :smallviolin:

The Kinley's seem to have better components; their web site needs some serious work tho. Don't think I'd buy from them based upon just hitting the site.
I am very sorry to suggest them to you then. :cool:
Your decission is always the best one, fallow your mind not the posters.:cornut::cornut:

·
Registered
739 Posts
corleone said:
If it is as light as they claim (23.5) and someone can fit a 20 I would try the Motobecane Fly Pro. Yes that is for the size 16, but the 20 would not be that much heavier.
I have a 20" fly pro, and it is now about 23.7 lbs with pedals ... it was over 24 with slime tubes and frame mount/pump, but I removed those.

they run a bit small and the top tube is kinda short. note though that the wheels are really weak and bend easily and the tires are pretty much for street.

although, if you are only doing dirt trails and less than a foot jumps/drops and you want a light fast bike, then the fly pro is a great bike.

for anything else, go IBEX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.