Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of differing views about the service of Performance Bikes, but for me, it's not going to be an issue, or at least not face to face as the only way i'll be able to purchase from them is online.

I live in Australia, and i've found an awesome deal on a bike at Performance. They don't ship to Australia but i'm looking into whether i can get some one i know from the US to ship it to me. So basically, my plan is, purchase the bike online on their website, but have it sent to the address of the 3rd party i have contact with in the US. Have that person from the US send the bike to me in Australia. Quite a big task, so i would greatly appreciate advice...

1. Dealing with Performance Bike - are they reliable/trustworthy (online) and will they ship to the US address safely? I know i wont be dealing with them in person but is there any reason why i should not deal with them online?

2. Shipping to Australia - what is the best method of doing this? The condition of the bike is of highest priority, cost of shipping being close to that, and time is not so important (although i suppose the longer the bike is out there in transit the more chance it could get damaged right?).

3. Is it worth the risk? Anything else i should consider?

Thanks.

·
ENDO!!!
703 Posts
They wouldnt ship to an APO either, so I went with Jenson, who would. They were awesome to deal with. I put in the wrong credit card name (chose VISA instead of Mastercard) and when I called to see what was up, they corrected it, and threw in some water bottles and cages because of the delay, that was my fault! They are the first ones I go to for anything now

·
Stiff yet compliant
266 Posts
Peter, set up an account with a freight forwarding service like Bongo US - www.bongous.com. Buy and have your product shipped to their, and have them forward it to you. However, they only forward via DHL, which works out to be quite pricey.

Someone on MTBR should start an international forwarding service for a fee - I'd be all over that, like MJ in a grade school (oh I am going to hell for this).

V.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vkalia said:
Peter, set up an account with a freight forwarding service like Bongo US - www.bongous.com. Buy and have your product shipped to their, and have them forward it to you. However, they only forward via DHL, which works out to be quite pricey.

Someone on MTBR should start an international forwarding service for a fee - I'd be all over that, like MJ in a grade school (oh I am going to hell for this).

V.
Thanks, i'll look into that. Although unfortunately, the bike i was after is now out of stock :sad:. It was an 08 Sanction, probably was my only ever chance to get that bike :madman:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts