·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bw the
07 RockShox Revelation 426 coil uturn
and
07 RockShox Recon 351 coil uturn

Im a bigger guy (250) and there is a about a 40 dollar difference in price.

is it worth it to get the Rev...I havent found much of a difference other than the rev comes in air/air uturn/ coil and the recon only comes in air / coil...

is that really it as far as the models go? they both travel the same and weigh with in 200gs.

i kinda dig the white forks but the only model that comes in white is the tora......what to do?

is the air versions really out of my weight class?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The two coil versions should function identically, the Revelation is a bit lighter due to materials used in the crown and steerer tube I think. If you go air, than definitely get the Revelation. The dual air in the Rev is superior to the single air in the Recon. Regarding your weight, there are plenty 200lbs+ guys riding the dual airs without any problems. Maybe someone closer to your weight can chime in.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I agree with GTV8 on the dual air forks for guys your size, provided your riding style is relatively light and smooth and the trails you ride are not too rough. If you ride hard and fast over rough trails, then a coil fork is a much more durable choice for a big person such as yourself. My guess is that you can generate quite a bit of power at the pedals, so the extra 1/4 - 1/2 lb. weight of a coil fork (vs. an air fork) would hardly be noticeable to you. The gain in reliability and durability of the fork would be significant if you go with a coil setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.