Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I have not been scammed but want to address this and maybe someone else can provide some feedback. I paid for a wheelset that was advertised on this site and also was selling similar items on ebay. He had positive feedback and many of the transactions were bike items so I decided I could go ahead with the transaction. I paid him on December 10th and was told my wheels had shipped in a email response on December 20th. I then asked for tracking and have not heard from him since.

I know that shipping can be slower during the holidays, but considering that he has my money and I have yet to see the wheels or a tracking number I am starting to get nervous. Has anyone else had dealings with this guy? I am not trying to drag anyone through the mud and I will be sure to update the outcome of this. I just figured I would post my experience so far in case anyone else has/ or is considering buying from him.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=28627&cat=10

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=28138&cat=10

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Can't believe everything you read on the internet...
WTF is that supposed to mean? Like I said, he did have items posted on ebay at one time and had positive feedback on other transactions. I did a search on him as well and confirmed that he is a ebay member. I just can't view any specifics about him through the ebay site since I have not done business with him before (which is stupid IMO).

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Captain_America1976 said:
Thanks for the link. It makes me feel a little more comfortable about the purchase. I would not have known to check there - I just did a member search through My ebay. Hopefully my wheels will show up soon and I will follow up here so the guy is not bashed unfairly. I just wanted to try and find out more information if possible.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ridin'Dirty said:
Thanks for the link. It makes me feel a little more comfortable about the purchase. I would not have known to check there - I just did a member search through My ebay. Hopefully my wheels will show up soon and I will follow up here so the guy is not bashed unfairly. I just wanted to try and find out more information if possible.
You could also request his contact info from eBay and call him on the phone. I believe the link to do that is under "advanced search". It's automated and you get an email with his full name, address, and telephone.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Ridin'Dirty said:
WTF is that supposed to mean? Like I said, he did have items posted on ebay at one time and had positive feedback on other transactions. I did a search on him as well and confirmed that he is a ebay member. I just can't view any specifics about him through the ebay site since I have not done business with him before (which is stupid IMO).
You're the one wondering if you've been scammed...simple search on ebay turned up 0 responses to the search. I dunno...you just can't believe everything on the internet is all. Not real hard to understand...

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bikinfoolferlife said:
You're the one wondering if you've been scammed...simple search on ebay turned up 0 responses to the search. I dunno...you just can't believe everything on the internet is all. Not real hard to understand...
I think I understand now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ridin'Dirty said:
I hope I have not been scammed but want to address this and maybe someone else can provide some feedback. I paid for a wheelset that was advertised on this site and also was selling similar items on ebay. He had positive feedback and many of the transactions were bike items so I decided I could go ahead with the transaction. I paid him on December 10th and was told my wheels had shipped in a email response on December 20th. I then asked for tracking and have not heard from him since.

I know that shipping can be slower during the holidays, but considering that he has my money and I have yet to see the wheels or a tracking number I am starting to get nervous. Has anyone else had dealings with this guy? I am not trying to drag anyone through the mud and I will be sure to update the outcome of this. I just figured I would post my experience so far in case anyone else has/ or is considering buying from him.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=28627&cat=10

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=28138&cat=10
Hi, I apologize if I had you worried, I've been out of town over Christmas, got home today and am just trying to get caught up on everything. I've emailed you tracking numbers, the wheels shipped on the 19th, fedex is just really dragging their feet on these one's.

Let me know if I can do anything else for you

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
orion_cycles said:
Hi, I apologize if I had you worried, I've been out of town over Christmas, got home today and am just trying to get caught up on everything. I've emailed you tracking numbers, the wheels shipped on the 19th, fedex is just really dragging their feet on these one's.

Thanks
Props to you for responding on this forum. I have never done business with you, but I think it is cool that you came on here and publicly addressed the OP's concerns. Bravo.

For what it is worth, I have a package that was shipped on the 18th (from an amazon subsidiary) and it has still yet to arrive. I think FedEx and UPS are way backed up all around the country.

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really appreciate your reply. I just got the tracking information and see that the wheels are still in transit. Just slow this time of year like I had suspected. My intentions were not to blow you up on the forums, I was just looking for some possible feedback from others. I got a PM from another member last night who said he received some wheels from you and they rock. Thanks again :thumbsup:

orion_cycles said:

Thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey OP,
You might also want to update the comments on the classified ad. That way people know you were taken care of.

Good luck, and those are some nice wheels. Let us know how they run when dirty!

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks!!

I just got my wheels today. They are really nice and I wanted to make sure to follow up here. Blue Hope Pro 2 hubs, silver spokes, Flow rims, and even some blue nips :ihih:

Awesome. Thanks again orion_cycles.

Once my fork gets here it's build time!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.