Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Your bike sucks
2,211 Posts
Not really sure electing not to make an exception to their posted policy rises to "buyer beware". Tough times - puts strains on everyone.

A few years back I ordered with Planet Cyclery. Got lost in the mail. They set a replacement without much fuss and just asked if it eventually arrived to send it back.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not really sure electing not to make an exception to their posted policy rises to "buyer beware". Tough times - puts strains on everyone.

A few years back I ordered with Planet Cyclery. Got lost in the mail. They set a replacement without much fuss and just asked if it eventually arrived to send it back.
Lucky You.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I 2nd this!

With my situation I bought a wheel and the freewheel hub failed in 2 weeks. I was on vacation so I had to buy a new one else where. I bought the wheel on Amazon from them, but returned it directly because they are local. They said I should see the refund in a few days. 2 weeks pass, no refund. I contected them about it, and the next day I see a partial refund, short 100 bucks. They said since the wheel was used and not new they would only refund it partial. Of course it was used, that would be the only way one would know if the wheel was faulty or not. Not to mention, they are sending it back to the manufacturer and getting a new wheel, so they are essentially stealing money. After much back and forth, and after they told me twice that they would refund me the difference (and didnt) I had to file a claim with Amazon. So the lesson I am learning after reading reviews is that most people have a good experience unless they actually have an issue or have to return something. I would have had no issue with ANY other bike shop in Colorado. These guys are scammers, purchase at your own risk.

·
Rippin da fAt
8,762 Posts
How much of this drama could have been avoided by servicing your bike yourself?
No 30 day wait, get to check it out and sort out fitment within return window and make an exchange, eat some shipping, done! Drama over.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If you are having a shop do the work, have the shop supply the correct part.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
+1

Looks like OP stepped in the process of how LBS normally would do it, which put liability of correct part and in-time on OP. Actually the shop should charge you for the extra time they had to get your bike on the stand and try out that incorrect part.

As for the 30-days: I would argue the 30 days start counting the day it was delivered, not when it was ordered. The vendor is responsible for delivery, their provider (USPS in this case) is slow, it is on them.

If it takes more than 30 days outside that to find out it is wrong, yeah, that is on OP. 30 days is enough time to figure out if you want it. But the 30 days should start when you receive the item.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The title of this post is uncalled for.

Does anyone here know a legit business that accepts returns after 30 days? This is almost standard across the board and for the most part well known for most consumers.

Planet Cyclery did absolutely nothing wrong.

It sucks for the OP but he doesn't need to bad mouth them for doing nothing wrong. When I clicked on the title I was expecting a scam order but I've ordered from planet Cyclery for almost a decade now so I thought no way this is Planet Cyclery.

He certainly can have his own opinion and take his business elsewhere but telling other users to "Beware" because of his own mistakes?

Reactions: Verboten

·
Registered
18 Posts
I made an online purchase from Planet Cyclery, but never received what I purchased. I contacted Planet Cyclery and requested a refund through four attempts. Planet Cyclery relies upon a 3rd party shipping carrier to fulfill it's webstore transactions and is responsible for that relationship, the resolution of instances when it's products are not delivered, the filing of a claim to recover unfulfilled product, and the refunding of monies received through consumer purchases. Planet Cyclery refused to issue me a full refund. I never received the product and my video security does not show any deliveries made on the day Planet Cyclery claims my purchase was delivered.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I made an online purchase from Planet Cyclery, but never received what I purchased. I contacted Planet Cyclery and requested a refund through four attempts. Planet Cyclery relies upon a 3rd party shipping carrier to fulfill it's webstore transactions and is responsible for that relationship, the resolution of instances when it's products are not delivered, the filing of a claim to recover unfulfilled product, and the refunding of monies received through consumer purchases. Planet Cyclery refused to issue me a full refund. I never received the product and my video security does not show any deliveries made on the day Planet Cyclery claims my purchase was delivered.
Here's why Planet Cyclery isn't and shouldn't refund your money:

They don't go by what you say or claim. They go by the carrier delivery status. USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL etc they all use a system to track the status of the package. Your package was most likely delivered. However, who's to say that someone stole your package? Who's to say that someone may have mistaken it for their own accidentally opened it up and was too embarrassed to return the opened package?

Also, do you realize how easy it would be to rip off a business? A person can order something then lie and say they never got it. That person gets a refund while keeping the item. Trust me businesses are looking out for themselves as much as they are for their customers.

Your issue isn't with the bike shop your issue is with the delivery service that handled your package or it just may be unfortunate that someone stole your package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah i concur they suck, also if you do return something make sure you have tracking or they will just tell you they never got it. Then you will be out the shipping and the cost of the item.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Right, because they're supposed to trust everyone without question right?

Let me introduce you to a thing known as Return Fraud:

This happens to every single big retailer from Amazon to your local Walmart. They lose millions $$$. Your issue with the company sounds like an issue you need to bring up with the shipping carrier to investigate. Either way it's not the companies fault a shipping company failed to deliver something.

Yeah i concur they suck, also if you do return something make sure you have tracking or they will just tell you they never got it. Then you will be out the shipping and the cost of the item.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The title should be changed to “Buyer Beware of abuser Procos”

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I take responsibilty for not knowing the policy...
No, you don't. Because you post and defend a thread slamming a policy you were oblivious of until after the fact. Just sack up and admit that you effed it up by not paying attention to details. Like not ordering the correct part in the first place.

Put whatever you get for the used part toward some headset tools and move on. Maybe give Planet Cyclery a break since you understand what unprecedented Corona times these are.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I 2nd this!

With my situation I bought a wheel and the freewheel hub failed in 2 weeks. I was on vacation so I had to buy a new one else where. I bought the wheel on Amazon from them, but returned it directly because they are local. They said I should see the refund in a few days. 2 weeks pass, no refund. I contected them about it, and the next day I see a partial refund, short 100 bucks. They said since the wheel was used and not new they would only refund it partial. Of course it was used, that would be the only way one would know if the wheel was faulty or not. Not to mention, they are sending it back to the manufacturer and getting a new wheel, so they are essentially stealing money. After much back and forth, and after they told me twice that they would refund me the difference (and didnt) I had to file a claim with Amazon. So the lesson I am learning after reading reviews is that most people have a good experience unless they actually have an issue or have to return something. I would have had no issue with ANY other bike shop in Colorado. These guys are scammers, purchase at your own risk.
I know people like to bash Anazon's evil ways, but many of your favorite retailers sell through them, and when you buy through Amazon usually the return process is much simpler plus shipping is often faster. You don't even need to re-package your return anymore, just bring to UPS and have them scan a QR code and the do the rest. I'm not saying they aren't evil, but damn, they are convenient in this fast paced society we live in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts