Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what we call this little chute. It looks harmless like a butterknife, but when it stabs you it just hurts that much more.

Dave

Way steeper&chunkier than it looks in case you were wondering, and it gets worse(better) off frame.

·
Registered
116 Posts
totally looks like you interfered with nature and made the rocks do what you wanted. i hate that. why must mtbr'ers **** with nature to ride stuff? i feel if you had the skills you would be able to naturally find the sickness to ride.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
usmcruz said:
totally looks like you interfered with nature and made the rocks do what you wanted. i hate that. why must mtbr'ers **** with nature to ride stuff? i feel if you had the skills you would be able to naturally find the sickness to ride.
so all your trails magically appeared one day, just as they are, with no building huh? no one did anything to the terrain in order for you to ride your bike on it, eh? :rolleyes:

how do you know what the original line was? perhaps it was completely eroded and needed the armoring to keep it from rutting out more. or maybe this is something newly built, not something old made easier.

keep in mind, photos flatten trail features out a lot.

or are you just being a trolling douchebag? oh, maybe you know these guys and are just giving them a hard time, right?

·
Registered
116 Posts
scrublover said:
so all your trails magically appeared one day, just as they are, with no building huh? no one did anything to the terrain in order for you to ride your bike on it, eh? :rolleyes:

how do you know what the original line was? perhaps it was completely eroded and needed the armoring to keep it from rutting out more. or maybe this is something newly built, not something old made easier.

or are you just being a trolling douchebag? oh, maybe you know these guys and are just giving them a hard time, right?
please for your sack don't try and call me "names"

i'm just saying, i prefer my trails as natural as possible, i would never interfere with what mother nature has granted me to ride. these pics are either shopped to look like a natural path or someone put that path there.

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
usmcruz said:
please for your sack don't try and call me "names"

i'm just saying, i prefer my trails as natural as possible, i would never interfere with what mother nature has granted me to ride. these pics are either shopped to look like a natural path or someone put that path there.
uh, whatever. not really sure why you feel the need to involve my "sack" here, but whatever floats your boat.

yeah. most people call that trail building.

FWIW, i agree with you about "natural" trails. but not knowing the state of what it was like before, why would you feel a need to ***** about what's in the picture?

·
Registered
116 Posts
scrublover said:
uh, whatever. not really sure why you feel the need to involve my "sack" here, but whatever floats your boat.

yeah. most people call that trail building.

FWIW, i agree with you about "natural" trails. but not knowing the state of what it was like before, why would you feel a need to ***** about what's in the picture?
no one involved your "sack' thanks.

pretty plan and simple my thoughts.

not gonna take your bait, on the matter as i am sure other MTBR's aren't either!

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
usmcruz said:
You meant to put "sake" in an earlier post, and spelled it "sack." Voila, Scrub's privates were referenced.

Welcome to a sport that effects the earth. Even if no one built or maintained trails, your presence on wheels on the ground, well, it changes things. The building and maintaining of trails, however, is an incredibly important part of our sport, and actually *saves* the terrain in the long run, if done properly.

If you feel that bad about your impact--and yes, I do actually know where you are coming from--then you might consider hiking/running over mountain biking. Or come to grips with the price of riding offroad, do everything you can to minimize your effect (like not grabbing handfulls of brake on turns), and relax and enjoy.

Sorry, AndyN, for the diversion. That section looks choppy and challenging. :eek: (I'd be more inclined to try it as a climb, but that's just me.)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
scrublover said:

Scrub you nailed it, on all counts.

Twas' a horrible washed out eroded rut before, and waaay steeper and rougher than it looks.

You also nailed the trolling douchebag part, e-thugs are everywhere.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scorpionwoman said:
Sorry, AndyN, for the diversion. That section looks choppy and challenging. :eek: (I'd be more inclined to try it as a climb, but that's just me.)
I'm not going to discount anyone's mtb skills... but aside from full-on trials hopping there is no chance of climbing this chute.:D

I'll try and get a foto with better perspective next time I'm there.

A

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Nice Pic!

The key point is as long as trail features and maintenance has the approval of the land manager then there is absolutely nothing wrong with putting rock gardens and features on the trails.

For the most part, I think most folks on here would agree that there should be a balance of natural vs man made features on the trails. In addition, if you have a portion of the trail that is susceptible to rutting and erosion damage, it is better to build it up (ie: What was done in this pic) than to leave it rutted and have other mtbikers ride around it creating more damage to the trail than what was originally there.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Lookin pah nub

usmcruz said:

pretty plan and simple my thoughts.

not gonna take your bait, on the matter as i am sure other MTBR's aren't either!
USMCRUZ-

I suggest that you sit back, keep your thoughts to yourself for a bit and soak up the action on the forum.

Your repeated posts show a general lack of understanding of interaction and comportment in society, and more specifically internet forums, and even more specifically, THIS FORUM.

Why don't you head over to the Women's Lounge and post something like...MTBR LOVE CONNECTIONS? And post up some pics while you are at it!

Remember, it is best to keep your mouth closed and let others assume what they will, than to open it and confirm our worst suspicions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For Pete's sack!

The pic is not showing up on my work computer, but I'll take a look when I get home.

However, the whole sack/sake thing is hilarious.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.