Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
You mean poop into a plastic bag? then what? carry it?

NO!

Just run off into the woods, far away from the trail and take a sh!t$ I pack some Baby wipes, in a baggie. Works great.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
I thought the OP was just wanting to talk about fanny packs for carrying bike stuff. I had no idea the question was literal.

If the subject is about relieving one's self in the woods it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what to do. Basically find a nice secluded spot and do your business. To make things easier I try to fine a nice tree to lean on or a good size log. Nice if you have biodegradable tissues along but if you don't try to find some good sized green leaves. In a pinch they work. Afterward best if you throw some dirt on the stool so the stench doesn't travel. The bugs will do the rest.

Now if you find yourself having to do this on a regular basis you might want to be more prepared. Maybe carry along a light-weight trowel for burying the stool. Any camping store ( REI ) should carry bio-degradable tissues.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Big wall climbers use plastic bags, aluminum foil and/or sealed PVC pipe sections to carry their crap out. There are even special biodegradable bags made so that you can just throw everything away without worrying that your hermetically sealed poop will outlive you in a landfill. I believe REI carries such baggies.

In the old days climbers would simply hang off the wall to do their thing. I'd think it could really ruin your whole day to be hit by a 150 mph human turd....

·
Registered
247 Posts
A butt pouch? One you can wear and use without interrupting your ride? Interesting, but I'm not in that much of a hurry. Sh*t would get too squishy.

·
DFL
1,398 Posts
In the old days climbers would simply hang off the wall to do their thing. I'd think it could really ruin your whole day to be hit by a 150 mph human turd....
Bwaaaaahahahaha!!!!!!

They make a medical bag for sh!t to use in hospitals.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
OK, I'm being serious here, why the hell don't they have these things for horses?

I mean, in Boston (maybe its Cambridge) they are now collecting dogs DNA so that when they find a turd on the ground they can test it and track down the offending beast. Don't get me started on the logic (and waste of funds) of this, our politicians flat out suck.

They ask dog owners to pick up the stuff, but horses can just let it rip wherever?!?!?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
OK, I'm being serious here, why the hell don't they have these things for horses?

I mean, in Boston (maybe its Cambridge) they are now collecting dogs DNA so that when they find a turd on the ground they can test it and track down the offending beast. Don't get me started on the logic (and waste of funds) of this, our politicians flat out suck.

They ask dog owners to pick up the stuff, but horses can just let it rip wherever?!?!?
And I agree 100%

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Just go in for a voluntary colostomy.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
They do, they are called bun bags and in many cities horses are required to wear them.

I also agree that they should have to wear them on the trail. Of course you will get some "horse sh!t" (pun intended) about how horse poop is different because of what they eat and the horses digestive system. While this is true, sh!t is still sh!t.
My buddy tried arguing this and about an hour later got some nasty wet stuff flung from his tire in his face. He changed his opinion after that.

·
Registered
750 Posts

Never understood this either.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I didn't realize until the bottom of this thread we weren't talking about a "bun-bag" for riders:D

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They do, they are called bun bags and in many cities horses are required to wear them.

I also agree that they should have to wear them on the trail. Of course you will get some "horse sh!t" (pun intended) about how horse poop is different because of what they eat and the horses digestive system. While this is true, sh!t is still sh!t.
My buddy tried arguing this and about an hour later got some nasty wet stuff flung from his tire in his face. He changed his opinion after that.
I don't care if they're angel turds blessed by God himself, fecal matter on the trail grosses me out! Makes me want to find out where some equestrian type lives so I can take a dump on his front porch!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts