Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Butt crack! Im guilty!

4K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  mmountainbiker 
#1 ·
My friends always ask me why I always ride in the back. I tell them that im real slow.
But in reality my shorts ate too small and shorts my size are nowhere to be found.
Looking for web site that sells high quality bike shorts for a 45 inch waist.
It seems that all the premier clothing manufacturers stop at 40 inches.
High quality padding is a must.
While im at it I need a jearsey just as large.
Thanks in advance.

#10 ·
+1 for bib shorts.

I run the Performance Ultra bib shorts, excellent quality for a lot less $$ than the Euro shorts. Their size chart shows the 2XL fits a 44-46 inch waist. If you're patient, they go on sale fairly often. I like them so much I have 8 pairs (which get used for road biking, mtn biking, DH, motocross, and enduro racing).

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes//Product_10052_10551_1071114_-1___

#11 ·
Ive got 2 pairs of GT baggy bike shorts with chamois I purchased a few years ago but they were way too big for me. At that time I was a 40 waist. They say XXL but seem much bigger. I just measured them, at max width and they are 23", so I guess double that for size?

Anyhow if your interested PM me.

#16 ·
i'm gonna try bib shorts too ... if they fit better and keep my builders crack under cover i'll be happy and so will all those people why overtake my fat slow ass.

light running shorts over the top maybe as the whole wearing lycra thing is a bit odd ... or maybe i just need to concentrate on my riding and not people think :)

#17 ·
when it gets hot outside rolling in just lycra is GREAT... I do feel for the people around me that see me... but I don't ride for them... the wicking of the lycra realy helps keep you cool over waring an extra set of shorts over the lycra

seriously if you are considering lycra look at falconi bibs at http://www.love2pedal.com/ for just over $30 shipped it's hard not to try em... and they have a great return policy... try em out on a few rides, make sure they fit right and spend some time in the saddle :) it feels a little strange at first and taking a leak at the trail is a bit more cumbersome but it's worth it :)

just my 2psi

#18 ·
2 weeks to get shorts!!!

donalson said:
when it gets hot outside rolling in just lycra is GREAT... I do feel for the people around me that see me... but I don't ride for them... the wicking of the lycra realy helps keep you cool over waring an extra set of shorts over the lycra

seriously if you are considering lycra look at falconi bibs at http://www.love2pedal.com/ for just over $30 shipped it's hard not to try em... and they have a great return policy... try em out on a few rides, make sure they fit right and spend some time in the saddle :) it feels a little strange at first and taking a leak at the trail is a bit more cumbersome but it's worth it :)

just my 2psi
Ordered some ponderosa 4x last tuesday and by thursday the money wasnt taken out of my account. I called to see about the order and was told it will be deducted when shipped.and he said I wouldnt get them till fri feb 5th. Wow thats a long time and the money still hasnt been taken out of my account as of today. The customer service wasnt all that professional as if the guy wanted to get me off the phone. All questions werent followed by an answer but by the reply"any problems ,ship them back". I am wondering what kinda operation this is. Is it a big company or out of someones livingroom.

#19 ·
it is a small time operation no doubt... he hangs out on another bike forum and i've spoken with him a few times (via PM) a quick look at his home page is showing the following

PLEASE NOTE: Our online store is closed in anticipation of our upcoming vacation. We will be closed from February 1st to 21st for vacation and remodeling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.