Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Specialized Levo Turbo Comp spec'd with Butcher 2.6s. I've been using DHFs exclusively for a while now in the dry conditions here in NorCal. Does anyone have any experience with both these tires? Also will the 30mm inner width of the rims support a DHF 2.8?

·
Registered
Digit Datum
385 Posts
I like Butchers, personally I'd keep them. I've found that generally they roll a little faster and last a lot longer than DH-F's. With both tires it depends which casing and compound you have, and there are are and old variants. The traction might be a teeny bit less, but I'd say in the same ball-park.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like Butchers, personally I'd keep them. I've found that generally they roll a little faster and last a lot longer than DH-F's. With both tires it depends which casing and compound you have, and there are are and old variants. The traction might be a teeny bit less, but I'd say in the same ball-park.
Thanks I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
688 Posts
27.5x2.8 in Colorado loose over hardpack riding:

I have a Butcher T9 in the garage to be mounted sometime in the next week or so. I know the DHF has a loyal following and my riding buddy won't run anything else, but I really didn't like it on the front and replaced it with the WTB Vigilante. The Butcher will be replacing a WTB Vigilante Light/Grippy that I've liked better than anything I've ever run on the front - but WTB is backordered until October so I'm giving the Butcher a try. From what I've read and reviews of locals I know it's very similar to the Vig in handling and grip but a little heavier.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I don't have an ebike, but if I did, I think I'd slap something like Assagai's on front and back, once the Butchers wear out.
It's not like you have to worry about the extra drag.

The bike comes with 29x2.6, correct?
Does Maxxis make a 29x2.8? I thought they had a 2.6 and a 3.0. Are you looking to put a 27.5x2.8 on it?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have an ebike, but if I did, I think I'd slap something like Assagai's on front and back, once the Butchers wear out.
It's not like you have to worry about the extra drag.

The bike comes with 29x2.6, correct?
Does Maxxis make a 29x2.8? I thought they had a 2.6 and a 3.0. Are you looking to put a 27.5x2.8 on it?
I will probably put a 27.5+ rear wheel on it at some point. Not sure if Maxxis makes a 29 x 2.8? Yes it comes with 29 x 2.6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.