Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buy it or build it

Wanting to get a hardtail for the upcoming racing season and have narrowed it down to 2 choices. Trek Elite 9.8 fully built or a Felt RXC Team frame so that I can get creative with my build options. Also is a carbon frame really better for racing or is a carbon frame best left for the road.

·
Registered
206 Posts
they are both good canidates. I think it would be cheaper to buy the trek.... but on the othe hand you can get exactly what you want on the felt. Im not too knowlagable on the corbon but it's better for racing. My coach who now races for wtb, he had two composite bikes for racing. giant xtc and nrs. I think the biggest thing is weight.

oh ya and its cool

If it were me i would buy the trek. bcouse full composite frame. nice wheels and x0

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
carbon is light and it can be made stiff without adding as much weight as alluminium and it can also absorb bumps pretty well. For XC, carbon will be fine... not like you're gonna be doing 5 foot drops on it or anything... Carbon is really stronger then Aluminium if weaved correctly. Reason why most FR/DH guys dont use it is cause when it fails, it happens without notice... it snaps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.