Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
mtbcat.
165 Posts
" EVDOG"- "He rode it, he liked it, he just won't admit it! ".Yea he liked it so much he said he will never ride BLT again. BLT is a good place to bring your dog maybe check out some wild flowers ride with your girl, go xc sking. but to drive an hour plus for it no thanks ill take lake hodges anyday

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,929 Posts
I like to ride Hodges too but....

You are comparing a neighborhood park to Disneyland.

Have you ever been on a tour up there that takes you around the meadows and surrounding hills to see what is there? 20+ miles easy with far more hills than Mt Bernardo can offer (not that there is anything wrong with it)? The rock crawls, log rides, and stunts alone are worth it in my book. I have a feeling you haven't based on your comments.

Is it the greatest trail in San Diego, probably not, but it rates very high on my list.

I rode Hodges yesterday (north and south) and put in the miles. Most of the trails are not trails but well maintained roads. The amount of true single track is in the single digits. Its a nice place to ride if I don't have time to spend half a day. But the ride out to the dam is tame and crowded as is most of the area. I also love PQ, but I know it is not stellar compared to other things out there.

Don't read this as a slam. I'm curious what you find at Hodges that elivates it over BLT and Noble? What am I missing?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10,807 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ha, good stuff guys! (i deserved to be bagged on). but to my defense, i hadn't ridden noble in about 3 years and i've just been doing local freeride stuff, no long rides lately. (also didn't know we would be doing BLT, etc). but i did want to check out los gatos, never been on it. but as mtbcat said, i will never do BLT again. TOO FLAT. i'm a greedy rider that likes pure techno or big climbs and big descents, flat/scenery don't do it for me:) that being said it was a ball buster, it was 100 when we finished about 2:30 or 3.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
dft said:
ha, good stuff guys! (i deserved to be bagged on). but to my defense, i hadn't ridden noble in about 3 years since I got my asss handed to me. (also that being said it was a ball buster, it was 100 when we finished about 2:30 or 3. It was retarded of us to climb out, in the heat of the day.
Fixed it for ya.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts