Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Brandon said:
I haven't broken anything lately but I have had to replace some worn out parts...
Just bought a new handlebar, only to find out I also needed a new chain, new little ring, and big ring, new free wheel, new cables, and a new seatpost collar ( I knew about that problem already). No wonder my hardtail wouldn't shift very smoothly!!
Now, I have some minor problems with my full suspension, but am afraid to take it to the shop to find how much "maintenance" is required.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rufudufus said:
Did that $119 include a Thompson post? How'd you break the hub?
Yes it did. I had a choice of a $14 seat post, similar to the one I broke, or the $89 Thompson post. That $89 was the installed price. ;)

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Sasquatch said:
Just bought a new handlebar, only to find out I also needed a new chain, new little ring, and big ring, new free wheel, new cables, and a new seatpost collar ( I knew about that problem already). No wonder my hardtail wouldn't shift very smoothly!!
Now, I have some minor problems with my full suspension, but am afraid to take it to the shop to find how much "maintenance" is required.
My hardtail has never shifted smoothly :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.