Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance called me this morning, and I told her I was working and too busy to talk. About an hour later, she went to MTBR and saw that I posted 1 hour before. I was totally busted. Let this be a lesson to you all. . .

·
They say I have a problem
460 Posts
steve3 said:
I don't understand why so many men here are under such tight control.

Simply make it like you can call off the engagement at any time.
*LMAO*

Your threats are no better then her control...

It's a two way street in a marriage...

No threats from either side...

Rich...

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
fred³ said:
Hehe. Spoken like a true maroon. Sure. Tell a woman that. Base your relationship on threats. That'll work.
fred why does your handle sometimes appear as 'fred³' and sometimes as 'fred?'

is it just me or has anyone else mentioned that? drugs? demons in my computer?

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
My boss

sonyisdope said:
My fiance called me this morning, and I told her I was working and too busy to talk. About an hour later, she went to MTBR and saw that I posted 1 hour before. I was totally busted. Let this be a lesson to you all. . .
My boss catchs me on MTBR all the time. its funny in that he comes in, sits down in my spare chair and we'll be talking and then his eyes glace over to my monitor to see what im looking at or posting.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
fred why does your handle sometimes appear as 'fred?' and sometimes as 'fred?'

is it just me or has anyone else mentioned that? drugs? demons in my computer?
Im tending to lead towards drugs. "fred?" and "fred?" :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe I need a hit of acid for the difference to be revealed. :eek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Zonk0u said:
Im tending to lead towards drugs. "fred?" and "fred?" :confused: :confused: :confused: Maybe I need a hit of acid for the difference to be revealed. :eek:
Re-read his thread. One of the fred's has a cubed sign at the end and one doesn't. That's what he's referring to. I've never noticed it switching however.

·
Crazy Dutch Bastard
87 Posts
Huh?

sonyisdope said:
Am I missing somthing? You WERE too busy! When I post on MTBR, I refuse to talk to anybody! J/K...

·
-arschloch-
867 Posts
dissonance said:
Re-read his thread. One of the fred's has a cubed sign at the end and one doesn't. That's what he's referring to. I've never noticed it switching however.
Zonk0u said:
Im tending to lead towards drugs. "fred?" and "fred?" Maybe I need a hit of acid for the difference to be revealed.
wait a minute zonkou do you really see 'fred?' twice in my post, cuz one of them is supposed to be 'fred-to-the-third-power'?

are you just fawking with me or what? it must be a government plot... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's all a matter of setting expectations. My first passion is skiing (didn't get into mountain biking until about 6 years ago). I've been teaching skiing for 21 years.

Anyway, when my then girlfriend and I started getting serious (she had only skied twice before we met), I told her that "I have been skiing since long before I knew you, and I will always ski. That's who I am, and if you choose to be with me, that's what you get. Don't ever try to change that".

We've been married for 12 years now, and she wants to go heli skiing again. She understands that I am more unpleasant to be around if I don't get out and ski or ride, so she'd rather let me go ride for a couple hours and deal with a happier person, than deal with an annoyed person for more hours per day.

If she likes you, she needs to like you for who you are (you're a mountain biker), not what she hopes to turn you into.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts