Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Epic Builder
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm heading to Syracuse and Watertown for a few days at the beginning of Oct. Since I didn't see a visitor sticky, I could use some local trail system suggestions for 1-3 hr afterwork rides in both areas and Syracuse bike shop(s) that have rentals. I also have the options of 1) extending my stay 2-4 days to purely ride more trail systems in NY before heading down to my parents in southern PA or 2) high tailing it down to my parents and then pull off a 335 mile ride from Pittsburgh to D.C. via the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O canal over 4-5 days. In either of the latter, I will likely ship out a bike or buy a cheap one and leave it at my parents due to rental costs. Thx.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The two places I'd recommend for you due to good maps and decent terrain are highland forest in Fabius and Great Bear in Fulton. Both places have mtn bike specific trails and good maps. There are lots of others but many have sketchy maps so without a guide can be tough to figure out a good loop. Bike shops go to the bike loft in north Syracuse. Not sure if they rent bikes, but they can certainly recommend more trails and are very active in the local mtn bike scene.

·
short timer
173 Posts
Give Murdoch's a call in Oswego (315) 342-6848 ‎ ... I don't know if they rent bikes but the one time I was in there i was very impressed. Honest to goodness down home LBS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.