1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, herein lies the problem.

Bushnell EBB in a Ti frame.
Fixed gear.
EBB is as TIGHT as I can make it without snappin' sometin.
Antiseize applied to inside of shell.

***Chain must be retightened every other ride or so.***

My LBS SS guru suggests I run it with NO antiseize or grease, etc. Dry.

Do ya think this would eliminate the slipping? Is that EBB gonna gall/seize up in there, and be in there forever?

I AM in Arizona.

TIA

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is it a new chain? If it is it's just bedding in. It'll settle down after a few adjustments. I doubt the EBB is slipping if it's that tight - they don't generally need to be very tight at all and, certainly on the two Bushnells I'm familiar with, they tend to slip sideways as much as rotating if they're not tight enough.

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy,

I've seen it come up more than once as well...but not in relationship to a FIXIE.

Same type chain/gear ratio/EBB with a freewheel caused no loosening in over two years of daily use! Somethin' to do with fixed gear and back pressure...I think.

Current chain has been used in fixie-form on this setup for 2 months now, and has been "adjusted" perhaps six times.

Brand new ENO cranks, tho....perhaps the chain is "bedding into" a new chainring??

AndyArmstrong said:
Actually can we add this to the FAQ? It's come up more than once.

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.....of COURSE I did! What am I, an idiot??

(Slinking off into garage to apply Andy's spectacular advise....)

A brilliant idea, mate!!

Thanks Andy.

AndyArmstrong said:
I guess... Have you tried marking the EBB and BB shell to make sure it's definitely moving?

·
Registered
202 Posts
You're welcome :)

It occurs to me that they'll experience load in both directions in tandem applications - although maybe not as extreme - so I guess you should be able to make it work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts