Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to locate Bushnell's ecc bb web site? Bushnell as in the binocular maker company is it? What I'm looking for is a comparison between the different model ecc bb's. Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
NardoSS said:
Does anyone know where to locate Bushnell's ecc bb web site? Bushnell as in the binocular maker company is it? What I'm looking for is a comparison between the different model ecc bb's. Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup:
From QBP's catalog:

·
*Hotter than Hell*
710 Posts
bushnell eccentric

NardoSS said:
http://www.bushnelltandems.com/eccentric.html

·
SSasquatch
535 Posts
Drevil said:
From QBP's catalog:

A bit OT:
I know nothing about ebb's but I just ordered an ebb frame (Zion) and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about ebb's.
With that said, I hope this isn't a stoopid question; I assume the holes in the ebb pictured above are for weight savings, but if they go all the way through won't they just serve as a conduit for mud to enter the bb shell and negate any weight savings? Also, if you get a bunch of mud and gunk into the shell, will it cause premature breakdown of grease and lead to creaking and/or wear?
Just curious.

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
pvd said:
sorry, but, no- why? you're referring to a set screw style eccentric- this thread is about the bushnell internal wedge style. a bushnell bb shel and eccentric have very close tolerances between each other. heck, to extract my bushnell ebb it takes some serious force and it does not turn with ease- usually a bb tool and braeaker bar are required to turn the eccentric when the wedge is completely loose.

sorry to correct.

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
galleywench said:
A bit OT:
I know nothing about ebb's but I just ordered an ebb frame (Zion) and I'm trying to learn as much as I can about ebb's.
With that said, I hope this isn't a stoopid question; I assume the holes in the ebb pictured above are for weight savings, but if they go all the way through won't they just serve as a conduit for mud to enter the bb shell and negate any weight savings? Also, if you get a bunch of mud and gunk into the shell, will it cause premature breakdown of grease and lead to creaking and/or wear?
Just curious.
one advantage to those holes: you can inject grease to clear out old grease/grime as well as lube your ebb to prevent creaking.

I have the previous generation and i'm currently trying to find a way to drill some holes for the exact purpose of lube to prevent creaking.

·
Registered
496 Posts
rtv sealant

You could just cover/plug with clear rtv sealant to keep out mud/water,etc.
Use copperslip/antiseize on the bb shell, the eccentric and all hardware, much better than grease.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.