Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks... I've been off the list for a long time so I'm out of the loop. There was a guy putting together an aftermarket bushing kit for the NRS a while back. Did he ever get all the bushings needed and is he selling them now? If someone could give the info, that would be great (either here or PM me). Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
SLinBend said:
Sorry folks... I've been off the list for a long time so I'm out of the loop. There was a guy putting together an aftermarket bushing kit for the NRS a while back. Did he ever get all the bushings needed and is he selling them now? If someone could give the info, that would be great (either here or PM me). Thanks.
I had my rear chain stay bushings replaced a few months back and I asked the same question that you did to the shop owner near where I live. He said there where no aftermarket bushings that he was aware of. I really don't think the frame would accecpt
sealed cartridge bearings without some kind of frame work.

Anyway alot of nrs owners heard that rumor and hopefully it's true.

·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply upontwo. I doubt the shop owner would know about this guy. He posted on here back in June taking a poll on who would buy a kit if he could put one together and got a good positive response if I remember right, and he had tracked down almost everything needed for a complete kit. That's about the point where I stopped having internet access.

Regarding sealed bearing in the NRS, you could be right... I have no idea. Thanks.

upontwo said:
I had my rear chain stay bushings replaced a few months back and I asked the same question that you did to the shop owner near where I live. He said there where no aftermarket bushings that he was aware of. I really don't think the frame would accecpt
sealed cartridge bearings without some kind of frame work.

Anyway alot of nrs owners heard that rumor and hopefully it's true.

·
[paste title here]
515 Posts
Yeah the bushing kits are out. I just purchased one about a month ago. I think the person your looking for is John, he's the one selling them now. Check out the classified section under other coponents. If there not there give him a PM.

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
They do exist. I bought a set and got it early this past week. I have not had a chance to install them yet though. I should get the chance this week. I need to thoroughly clean down my bike after a 25 mile death march through muddy N GA this weekend. The timing should be good for that anyway!

·
Gittyup!
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks... that's just what I was looking for.

mtnbikerdude87 said:
Yeah the bushing kits are out. I just purchased one about a month ago. I think the person your looking for is John, he's the one selling them now. Check out the classified section under other coponents. If there not there give him a PM.

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
Suspension kit review

So here's a review of the kit:
The directions are very nice and the pictures are great. All the steps you need and helpful tips are included. You'd miss important things like when to expect hidden spacers to pop out whithout his doc. Just make sure there is room in your inbox for 4+ MB.
Make sure you have all the tools you need up front. I happened to have the 1/4" socket extender. I didn't have a crank puller but the LBS took my crank off for $5. You only need an 8mm wrench to put it back on so a return trip wasn't needed.
Pressing in bearings with 8 year old cheapo C-clamps is kinda a biyatch but not too bad. Better clamps would have made my job easier, oh well. Taking the rear sus was fairly easy and a good opportunity to clean things off. Once the bearings were replaced, reassembling the whole thing was easy as well.
Many of my bearings were feeling worn and the bushings were showing their age as well. The kit seems to perform very well.
You may note my late night cry for help. The shaft that goes through my rockers seems to have corroded some and I could NOT get it off. I replaced every bearing but that one. It was totally no fault of the suspension kit and John actually traded several emails with me in the process. The service was really great in case anyone's hesitant about buying this from a guy and not a "business"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.