Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd rather ride this :thumbsup:
Looks like it's got the Super Duper Obese Larry tyres...

Any more details?

I'm sure I've seen pics of that or something similar in a 1930s magazine.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hmm I guess Jeff Jones didn't invent the truss fork. Not that he claims to, I just hadn't seen one before his, but obviously its an old idea.

It even has curved seatstays very similar to Jeff's steel frame. What comes around goes around.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Hmm I guess Jeff Jones didn't invent the truss fork. Not that he claims to, I just hadn't seen one before his, but obviously its an old idea.

It even has curved seatstays very similar to Jeff's steel frame. What comes around goes around.
Yeah back in the late 80s when I was working on frame designs to compensate for the lack of suspension at that time I incorporated lots of old world frame designs into mine and they looked a lot like Jones. People have been making bikes for a long time and most of the stuff on a frameset has a point behind it and not just a fashion statement as some may think. Once real suspension came into play I abandoned antiquated rigid frames and never looked back. :thumbsup:

That is a super cool bike. A lot of thought went into it. The weight of the tires and rims is something he couldn't really get around. But if you weren't in a hurry and lived in a seaside town or in the desert it would be pretty fun. The gearing does not say speed. It needs a big ass rear rack.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't think you could get it going fast enough to need brakes.

btw, I'm trying to locate that bike. If successful I'll try to buy it.

Then I'll have the fattest fatty of them all :cool: :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.