Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Freakin' bizarre, yeah I know.

Just got done biking in the rain. Stopped and did a lil' stretching by a wooden post in the ground. The only two things different in my routine today was the rain and the wood post. Any other freaks like me ever experience this? Or is it possible I was gripping too hard cuz of the rain and now my fingers are burning? I'm a wreck, I might as well just cash it in.

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
How cold was it during the rain? long shot (most likely not right at all) but it could be your fingers warming up.

Or there could be some kind of rash causing growth on the post but I would think then it would be all over your hands.

·
Registered
254 Posts
First thing that came to mind was a fungal infection. It happens frequently under nails, and you might notice it more while exercising and in dampness.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weather, good insight, but it was warm.

I've done a little more research and have found that it is possible that the burning sensation is from chemical expossure from pressure treated wood. So be careful around any wood posts, signs, benches etc. on your local trails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.