Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating a both of these bikes as an upgrade from my Superlight. Both frames would be new and under warranty.
-Has anyone ridden both of them? What were the diffences in the ride?
-The Tracer is more adjustable, the Burner is more durable and much better looking. The geometry seems similar.

Why did Turner discontinue the Burner? Does it have a disappointing ride? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
There are some good comparison thoughts between these 2 bikes buried in this thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=25724&highlight=burner+tracer

The Burner is closer to the Superlight than the Tracer, but much more trailworthy (than the Superlight).

Both are great bikes. I like the ability of the Tracer to go over 5" of travel but that doesn't come cheap. I don't like the interrupted seat tube.
My recommendation is to actually have 2 bikes - instead of getting the Tracer which can be set up as 2 completely different bikes (short vs. long travel), get the Burner as 1 bike (or keep the Superlight if you race) and get another longer travel bike as #2. Obviously much more costly but sock away extra coin while you have the 1 ride until you can score #2. You'd be surprised how handy having 2 different bikes really is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts