Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody
I might be buying a used Burner in XL, and I'm super excited about the possibility of joining the Turner crew.

My only hesitation is that it's an XL, and I'm 6'1', which is dead in the middle of Large and XL according to Turner's site.

I like to run shorter stems, so maybe the XL is okay...

Can anyone who is 6'1' comment on which size Burner they're on?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is there a shop near by that you can test ride the bikes at. I am 6'2" and ride a large Bronson, and find it to be very comfortable, i considered getting an xl bronson but was concerned about it feel to large(i would have run a short stem on it).

Also the bike you have now if you figure out the stack and reach of your current bike you can compare that to the turner and that will give you an idea of how it will fit.

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,443 Posts
Im 6'-1" on a large burner with a 50mm stem. I am a bit long leg/shorter torso but not that crazy out of the norm. An Xl would feel way too big to me.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, okay thanks.
The reach and ETT on the XL Burner are more than inch longer than my current ride (Yeti SB 95, large)...
Tough call.

·
Registered
787 Posts
6' here and am on a large with a 50mm stem perfect fit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm the same height as you, and also have a large SB-95 with a 55mm stem, and I don't feel cramped. With a 140mm Fox, I have the reach of the Yeti at 16.7 in. The large Burner has a reach of 17.0 in and the XL is 17.9. If I were buying a Burner, I would almost certainly go with the Large. I feel that I fit best on bikes with a reach between 16.8-17.2 inches. There is some wiggle room, but I think that a reach of nearly 18 inches is just a bit too much at our height, unless you have super long arms (I don't)

·
Track Junkie
1,236 Posts
I'm 6'2", and am comfortable riding an XL.

I came off of an XL Nomad and an XL Spec Enduro.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses!
Many seem to indicate that it might be alright; and, many suggest that it will be too big!
So, tough call still. Need to get one more test ride on it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts