Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just putting the finishing touches on a SuperGo Burner and need to set the fork travel.

I have a Marzocchi Marathon XC (~100-120mm travel). Considering ~25% sag is recommended, does a 120mm travel fork with a 25% sag meet the 100mm A-C recommendation? Otherwise, should I set the sag based on 100mm of total travel?

Thanks!

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
anotherbrian said:
I'm just putting the finishing touches on a SuperGo Burner and need to set the fork travel.

I have a Marzocchi Marathon XC (~100-120mm travel). Considering ~25% sag is recommended, does a 120mm travel fork with a 25% sag meet the 100mm A-C recommendation? Otherwise, should I set the sag based on 100mm of total travel?

Thanks!
Recommend 100mm travel fork w/ 25% sag front and rear sag for trail riding. 80mm fork w/ 15% sag front and rear for XC racing.

The Burner is so well balanced in handling as designed (w/ 80 to 100mm fork travel), try that first, then try more travel to see if you like it better.

More than 100mm travel may void the warrantee, better check that.

Great bike! Congradulations!

- ray

·
Registered
131 Posts
100-130

derby said:
Recommend 100mm travel fork w/ 25% sag front and rear sag for trail riding. 80mm fork w/ 15% sag front and rear for XC racing.

The Burner is so well balanced in handling as designed (w/ 80 to 100mm fork travel), try that first, then try more travel to see if you like it better.

More than 100mm travel may void the warrantee, better check that.

Great bike! Congradulations!

- ray
there is no warranty void as far as i know...........

run the sag at what works for you. i find my burner handles best at 100 mm, but i usually run it at 130 (manitou minute 1). for me it handles fine, but i do prefer it at 100 for singletrack. downhill it is great at 130. i think the burner is designed for a 100 mm fork. if you have to chose between 100 and 120 i would go for 100. (is the marathon adjustable, i ? i thought it came in 105 or 120 mm of travel)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.