Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to gush, but it's been ten days of total winter weather and lousy riding. Finally yesterday the sun came out, the snow started to melt and today I copped a ride over the lunch hour along the shores of Lake Dillon. This can be fun rock riding in the right places, but I'm just blown away by how well this bike rides. It's finally dialed in, and I can't get over how smooth and precise the whole feeling is. Guess I've been off the ride too long - but Turners just rock. I love this bike - there, I said it. That's all. :D

Attachments

·
Sponsored by Xanax
358 Posts
I've got another parts question. It looks like you're running a wheelset with Mavic 819s, and I'm guessing Hope hubs? I'm curious where you picked up the set, because I'm wheelset shopping and would like to entertain the UST option of the 819 rather than the 717 disc which is not UST. So I'm curious what the hoops would cost and where a good place is to get them.

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Buy a set of "Genuine George" Wheels...

Roostalee said:
So I'm curious what the hoops would cost and where a good place is to get them.
Go to http://www.speedgoat.com and select a hand-built custom wheelset. They built me up a set w/Hugi 240S Disc Hubs and Mavic XM819 rims. Very solid wheels!

I just ordered another wheelset for my 5 Spot:
Hope Bulb Hubs (Blue)
Mavic XM719 Rims (Black)
DT Swiss Champion Spokes (Sliver - 14 Guage)
DT Swiss Brass Nipples (Black - 2.0mm)

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BikerX - I run the fork mostly at 100mm unless I'm doing a major climb then a descent. At 100mm it feels the most balanced. Roost - the wheel set is not Hope/819s but the Mavic 717s laced to the WTB LaserDisc Lite - more XC oriented but very sturdy. They were build by Mike Garcia, www.oddsandendos.com with DT Comp double butted spokes, alloy nipples, Velox rim tape, Speedcific skewers. I upgraded to the Hopes. 720 grams front 845 grams rear, and $384 delivered to the door. He can mix and match any variety of hubs and rims you want and do color mixes as well. This is my third wheel set from Mike, and all of them have been great.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Glad to hear you like it so much, I'm headed up to Larry's today to pickup some parts and hope to have mine built for the weekend-oh yeah!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts