Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help

My Burner is a month old but the drive side drop out pivot keeps coming undone. It doesn't seem really loose but after a ride of say a couple of hours it moves ever so slightly forwards and backwards and makes a clicking sound. If I undo the pivot and then tighten it back up the problem goes. Does anyone use locktight or such on pivot bolts.

Quite a small problem but as the chain stay moves slightly it seems to be effecting the gears and chain tension.

Thanks in advance

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
woody74 said:
Hi can anyone help

My Burner is a month old but the drive side drop out pivot keeps coming undone. It doesn't seem really loose but after a ride of say a couple of hours it moves ever so slightly forwards and backwards and makes a clicking sound. If I undo the pivot and then tighten it back up the problem goes. Does anyone use locktight or such on pivot bolts.
(edit)
Whoops, I thougt I read main pivot... no, loctite isn't used on the dropout pivot bolts. The aircraft nut (with nylock?) should keep it's tension. Get in contact with Turner and request replacement hardware: New nut bolt and if it rocks when loose, you may need a pivot too just to be safe.

Give Casey a call he'll determine what you will need.

Turner's Updated Official Bolt torque values
17 ft lbs on all main pivot bolts. (bb, seat tube, seat stay yoke)
50 in. lbs on the shock bolts
40 in lbs on the horst pivot bolts.

Tscheezy's pivot service guide: http://www.fooriders.com/articles/tech/turner/index.htmThe same guide can also be found on Turner's website.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
woody74 said:
Does anyone use locktight or such on pivot bolts.
I'd hit it with a sparing amount of Blue loctite and see if that doesn't cure the problem. I believe there is at least one previous thread on this issue, you might want to perform a search and see if you can't hunt it down. Good luck, Crash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts