Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Just dropping this here if anyone is looking as cleaning out old stuff:

I wish I saw this earlier! Another Turner gone. Great price as well.

Still riding my 5-Spot - albeit with a Burner rear end and 27.5" wheels. Shockingly, it has almost the exact same geometry numbers as the stock 5-spot: 67 head, 73 seat, 13.5" BB. Makes me wonder if they had offered a $600 rear end for the 5-spot to allow for the use of 27.5 wheels, would it helped to keep the brand alive? Probably not...

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I saw this earlier! Another Turner gone. Great price as well.

Still riding my 5-Spot - albeit with a Burner rear end and 27.5" wheels. Shockingly, it has almost the exact same geometry numbers as the stock 5-spot: 67 head, 73 seat, 13.5" BB. Makes me wonder if they had offered a $600 rear end for the 5-spot to allow for the use of 27.5 wheels, would it helped to keep the brand alive? Probably not...
Guy bought it, built up and apparently didn’t like and sold on the facebook turner group. I know where you can get a used Ibis HD4 in large for a fair price if you want.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Guy bought it, built up and apparently didn’t like and sold on the facebook turner group. I know where you can get a used Ibis HD4 in large for a fair price if you want.
Maybe. I currently ride a Ripley and love it. Crazy how much faster and confidence inspiring these new bikes are. I thought about buying one of those old RFXs on Cambria but not sure if it is worth going so far back in time. I have a feeling we will all be on 29ers soon.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Maybe. I currently ride a Ripley and love it. Crazy how much faster and confidence inspiring these new bikes are. I thought about buying one of those old RFXs on Cambria but not sure if it is worth going so far back in time. I have a feeling we will all be on 29ers soon.
I sold my RFX last year. I replaced it last year with a Revel Rail built up as a mullet with a 29 front end. The RFX was a great bike but there is a lot to be said for the geometry changes in frame design since 2015. I've also had a V1 and V2 Ripley and they were great pedaling bikes but way under-gunned on RFX terrain. The Rail pedals almost as good and has twice as much travel (exaggeration for effect!).

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a feeling we will all be on 29ers soon.
What do you think I traded my Burner for?!!!! Banshee Prime which is what I believe is what Dave would be building now if he was still doing FS bikes. My son is now on 29" via the HD4 as an in between step. He is now on a Transition Sentinel AL.

Reactions: Vespasianus
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.