Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Racers Ready... Racers Set... Here's a little something to warm up those cold days at the office before Holiday vacation:

https://www.burn24hour.com

Check out the footage right on the homepage from all the action at the 2005 BURN 24 Hour Challenge. It's the best six minutes you'll spend at work all day!

Many of you have been asking, so here's the answer: Yes, the BURN 24 Hour 06 is on for Memorial Day weekend at Dark Mountain Trail. We're busy working away at getting even more great sponsors for next year's race, which means a bigger, deeper prize pool! No other 24 hour race goes five deep in EVERY category, plus huge schwag raffles, a post-race pasta dinner and so much more! Pass this along to all your riding buddies that skipped out on '05 and show 'em what they missed.

We also have a new race director for '06. You can direct all inquiries about next year's race to Eddie O'Dea (featured in the online race video) at "[email protected]". He's bringing his experience at Worlds and numerous other solo races to the BURN 24 Hour to continue to improve and innovate the event.

Have a great holiday and a happy new year. Lift your glass of eggnog and toast to shiny bike parts under the tree!

Best,

Tyler Benedict
BURN 24 Hour Founder
www.burn24hour.com

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
teamdicky said:
Hopefully I will do well enough to make the "greatest hits 2006" video.
I think maybe if I do it on my new bike I might finally get my come-uppance.
You'll be in for sure with that rig!

BTW - ping me when you get a chance. Nam is looking into a Dean and has some questions.

Eddie O

·
Registered
385 Posts
Can someone confirm the date?

Being Canadian I'm not sure when Memorial Day falls....is this the May 27-28 weekend? I missed the race this year (was there in 2004) but plan to come in 2006. Thinking of doing the Granny Gear Conyers race the weekend before then on the way home stopping at the Burn and doing that race too. Just not sure my body would be able to take it. Might have to wait until early May to decide on Conyers as the Burn is more of a priority.

Anyone ever done back to back 24 hour weekends solo?

Thanks!

·
Registered
937 Posts
sperky said:
Being Canadian I'm not sure when Memorial Day falls....is this the May 27-28 weekend? I missed the race this year (was there in 2004) but plan to come in 2006. Thinking of doing the Granny Gear Conyers race the weekend before then on the way home stopping at the Burn and doing that race too. Just not sure my body would be able to take it. Might have to wait until early May to decide on Conyers as the Burn is more of a priority.

Thanks!
Yes May 27-28

And, I personally would not do the two races back to back, unless you were doing at least one of them on a team.

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sperky said:

Thanks!
Not 24 hours back to back. I did do the Shenandoah 100 and then a 24 hour the following weekend. That was a bit rough, but I was able to win the 24 hour solo. I think I paced myself a little slower at the SM100 than I would have had I not been doing the 24, but I think the real difference was not getting mentally stressed about the SM100. Definitely plan some quality down time after.

Eddie O

·
Topeak-Ergon Racing
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Burn 24 Hour Early Bird Pricing Ends Today

Hey folks,

Just a heads up that the Early Bird pricing for the BURN 24 Hour Challenge ends today!

The Burn 24 Hour Challenge Home Page

Active.com Registration

Male Open Solo..........$75.00
Female Open Solo........$75.00
Two-Person Team.........$180.00
3-5 Person Male Team....$300.00
3-5 Person Female Team..$300.00
3-5 person Co-ed Team...$300.00

BURN...Energy for the Good Life!

Eddie O

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I just registered for solo -- my 4th solo Burn. This race is the best value in 24 hour racing -- great course, free food after the race, graat support, one energy gel rest stop on the course (at the top of the toughest climb halfway on the course), this race has it all. I am really looking forward to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.