Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been car camping since I was a kid so I'm a bit lost here folks.
What is a leanto? I know what a lean to is on a hiking trail but car camping? Is there still room for a tent on the site? Anybody have a picture? How much privacy do the sites provide at Burke Mountain? How big is the camp ground? Is it best to be close to the showers or far away for noise and privacy? I've been playing phone tag with people at the mountain for a week so I'm resorting to asking some questions here. I hope somebody can answer them and thanks in advance for you help.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Braids said:
I have not been car camping since I was a kid so I'm a bit lost here folks.
What is a leanto? I know what a lean to is on a hiking trail but car camping? Is there still room for a tent on the site? Anybody have a picture? How much privacy do the sites provide at Burke Mountain? How big is the camp ground? Is it best to be close to the showers or far away for noise and privacy? I've been playing phone tag with people at the mountain for a week so I'm resorting to asking some questions here. I hope somebody can answer them and thanks in advance for you help.
I think I may have just found an answer about what the sites look like - I hope these links work. Can anybody answer my other questions?

Lean to:

Here's the link images don't work

http://www.skiburke.com/myadmin/com...in/datafiles/images/&imgname=firstcampers.jpg

tent site:

http://www.skiburke.com/myadmin/com...min/datafiles/images/&imgname=campground1.jpg

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dan(YELL) said:
Keep calling RJ
Some sites are better than others, nice shower, I went during a car race (Hill climb), so I was the only MTBer, they were working on their cars, etc., it was OK, I was out on the trails alot, so...

Can't beat the price, or the self service check in!

I'd do it all again.
Found an email address and made reservations via email.

Lean-to #11 is what I reserved. I hope it's a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.