Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to ride Damifino today, Cakewalk, JP Nuts and I pulled into the drive thru at Burger King for a $1.00 Whopper Junior. Nuts doesn't eat meat so he declined joining CW and I for the special treat. While paying the $2.19 for the two burgers we noticed a sign indicating that one could obtain a free Regular Whopper by taking a phone survey. The number to call for the survey is (866) 425-4745.

After getting our treats we headed up to the Huckabee parking lot to start the ride. During the ride up Schnebley Hill Road we came across a women who had backed off the road and had her rear wheels spinning with no traction. Fortunately for her we had a BIG bike lock chain in the car, so we were able to tow her out of the ditch.

After helping the now happy women we parked at Huckabee and rode up to Cow Pies then over to the saddle. Once again my buddies failed to make the World Class climb above the white limestone spot.

When we got to the saddle I decided to keep moving since I wanted to be warmed up for the super technical section. As usual this section was challenging and scary. I personally didn't feel on top of my game and decided to walk sections I had ridden previously. The other two riders chose to also ride conservatively.

Fortunately, all the snow was gone so there were no ice issues on the north facing slickrock face we rode down. From the Damifino/Damifidon't intersection we headed East on Damifido.

While riding Damifido I noticed numerous hiking prints but no bike tracks. The trail was in pretty good shape but needed more traffic to make it faster riding. The ledges were fun to ride and when we finely reached Lavitra the sun had warmed up the slickrock significantly.

Riding down Lavitra took a little route finding, but there were footprints to help find the route on less defined areas. Once we got to the cool slickrock wash spot we took a short break and did a little Right Wing preaching to JP.

After the break we continued down Lavitra and ended up on Casner at the bottom. From there we rode to the Grasshopper Point then up to Midgley Bridge to Jim Thompson, Bird Cage, back to Jim Thompson to Jordan to the Power Station Plunge to the Nine Way to Centennial to Burger King.

When we got to Burger King JP volunteered to ride up to Huckabee while cakewalk and I dialed up the Burger King survey hotline for the FREE Whoppers. This process took about 15 minutes to complete, but we were successful.

After BK we headed over to Lost Avocados for a steam bath and hot tub to relax out tired muscles. As always it was another successful day in Sedona and I guess after a good nights sleep it will be time to do it all over again.

I maybe hooking up with a passionate riding group to ride H.....E again along with some other fun trails.

TD

Attachments

·
Will Guide for Beer
729 Posts
Trail Doc ... The great Deregulator :rolleyes: I'm not taking the bait on that one.

I have figured one thing out here ... once you reach the NOD Golden Age, you can consider an 8-cylinder truck heading up Schnebly Rd a nice 'ride'.

H ... E today at 11am. Maybe I'll give you a call. I ran into 10 riders from Fruita on Secret Trails yesterday. I'd like to hook up with them, it was like a Chi-Chi Bike Festival Parade.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
traildoc said:
On the way to ride Damifino today, Cakewalk, JP Nuts and I pulled into the drive thru at Burger King for a $1.00 Whopper Junior. Nuts doesn't eat meat so he declined joining CW and I for the special treat. While paying the $2.19 for the two burgers we noticed a sign indicating that one could obtain a free Regular Whopper by taking a phone survey. The number to call for the survey is (866) 425-4745.

After getting our treats we headed up to the Huckabee parking lot to start the ride. During the ride up Schnebley Hill Road we came across a women who had backed off the road and had her rear wheels spinning with no traction. Fortunately for her we had a BIG bike lock chain in the car, so we were able to tow her out of the ditch.

After helping the now happy women we parked at Huckabee and rode up to Cow Pies then over to the saddle. Once again my buddies failed to make the World Class climb above the white limestone spot.

When we got to the saddle I decided to keep moving since I wanted to be warmed up for the super technical section. As usual this section was challenging and scary. I personally didn't feel on top of my game and decided to walk sections I had ridden previously. The other two riders chose to also ride conservatively.

Fortunately, all the snow was gone so there were no ice issues on the north facing slickrock face we rode down. From the Damifino/Damifidon't intersection we headed East on Damifido.

While riding Damifido I noticed numerous hiking prints but no bike tracks. The trail was in pretty good shape but needed more traffic to make it faster riding. The ledges were fun to ride and when we finely reached Lavitra the sun had warmed up the slickrock significantly.

Riding down Lavitra took a little route finding, but there were footprints to help find the route on less defined areas. Once we got to the cool slickrock wash spot we took a short break and did a little Right Wing preaching to JP.

After the break we continued down Lavitra and ended up on Casner at the bottom. From there we rode to the Grasshopper Point then up to Midgley Bridge to Jim Thompson, Bird Cage, back to Jim Thompson to Jordan to the Power Station Plunge to the Nine Way to Centennial to Burger King.

When we got to Burger King JP volunteered to ride up to Huckabee while cakewalk and I dialed up the Burger King survey hotline for the FREE Whoppers. This process took about 15 minutes to complete, but we were successful.

After BK we headed over to Lost Avocados for a steam bath and hot tub to relax out tired muscles. As always it was another successful day in Sedona and I guess after a good nights sleep it will be time to do it all over again.

I maybe hooking up with a passionate riding group to ride H.....E again along with some other fun trails.

TD
FYI, BK offers a veggie option of the Whopper. It's a Whopper sans the patty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.