Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok it wasnt horrible but i got a couple nice little gash's on my right shin trying to bunny hop. I was trying like the video tutorial i seen showed me but the back of the bike didnt go anywhere, I just had my feet come off the pegs and now i am a little gunshy to get the back of the bike up? anyone got any pointers for a similar situation?

·
Rockflopper
118 Posts
Same thing is happening to me. I first learned how to wheelie (which I can go for miles now) and went to learn the bunnyhop but my feet kept slipping off the pedals. So I just bought some shin guards from the store. I guess its just practice now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
trick i learned when first learning to hop was to rotate your wrists forward when you pull up on the front end of the bike. this will help make the rear tire what to come off the ground as you pull up on the front.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
c_m_shooter said:
Can you lift just the rear of the bike? Once you figure that out it should be easier. You need to push forward on the bars as you unweight the rear. Not jump, unweight.
I will give this a try this evening, I should also have some type of shin protection on its way today as well as a helmet,

·
Registered
39 Posts
What helps me is making sure my pedals are parallel with the ground, weighing them evenly, then jumping up as I lift up on the bike and twisting my wrists forward. The back end always wants to come up after I do this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Man I had some good bunny hop carnage a week ago. I just got done riding down some hills near my house and was returning on the street with a buddy of my to get some grub.
Earlier in the day my fork started making a loud banging sound but I did not care since I already had a new one on order and in the mail to me.
Any how I went to bunny hop off a curb and when I did I heard a loud bang and my handlebars came way up. So there I am in mid air thinking " why the **** are my handle bars up here?" and the next thing I knew I was over the bars and laid out on the concrete. Apparently the fork tubes and wheel decided to separate from the stanchions in mid air. :rolleyes:
I got a little road rash but it's my wrist that is really pissing me off.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife also suffered from a bunnyhop mishap. She was practicing at a parking lot and she finally did her first bunnyhop. She was so excited that she kept on bunnyhopping for the next 10-15 mins. I guess she got too excited once, her foot slipped, and then she had a nice gash on her right shin. It didn't bother her too much because she was grinning like a little kid from finally doing a bunnyhop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i got the assend off the ground like maybe 5 times outta 50 tonight. about an inch maybe 2" once so i guess that is a start. I Had my wife watching so she could verify,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry i meant Pedals! I come from the land of motorcycles so i keep referring to them as pegs. and what do you mean going off driveways? my driveway goes straight off into the street.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.