Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have a buttload of those in Charleston. They are all over the golf courses as well. I am new to mountain biking and starting to get a little worried lol. I saw a not so small snake yesterday on a paved trail and now this. What could you do in that instant? If you came flying around that curve? For those of you who do not know, gators are very quick when they want to be. They tell you to make sharp turns if you are running from one because they will catch you if you run straight. :eekster:

·
♥ ς╥33£
488 Posts
StompinStu said:
This is how we roll in Louisiana. Mountains? We don't need no stinkin' mountains!!! We got gators!

View attachment 460461

Taken by a rider from NOMAMBO at the Spillway Trail in Norco, LA.
I saw a pic of a guy riding on a dead whale, you guys think it would be safe to jump a crocodile like that? I mean how fast can they react, before he knew what hit him you would be in the air anyway.

·
Registered
405 Posts
longcat said:
I saw a pic of a guy riding on a dead whale, you guys think it would be safe to jump a crocodile like that? I mean how fast can they react, before he knew what hit him you would be in the air anyway.
Have you ever seen how fast those things move? I would not want to be anywhere near that thing. I can pretty much guarantee you wouldn't make it very far over that thing before he had your ass or your bike in it's mouth. Also...it's not a Crocodile...it's an Alligator.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's nice to see a fellow southerner on these forums. That's a great pic. makes me miss home. I grew up in NORCO, LA. Maybe the Marine Corps will send me down for my next duty station. For the meantime, I guess I will have to settle for Rays (cleveland). How is the spillway trail? I have never ridden it.

·
Suffers From Binge Biking
412 Posts
I wish we had interactive ramps here in PA. The worst I have to deal with is the occasional spider web across my path. As for the mountain lion, that old boy just needs to get punched in the face.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.