Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up days 1 and 2 of our 9 day trip. Rode up by Brianhead yesterday and rode outside of Panguitch today.

Bunker Creek was a shuttle from Brianhead (could probably be ridden as a loop, but that'd be one long tough road ride), and it's basically 12 miles of downhill. We effectively climbed I think less than 600 ft. the entire ride. However, when you're used to riding at 1000 ft, climbing 600 ft at 10,000ft of elevation is not the easiest thing to do!

Not too far into the trail and there's still some snow left on the mountain:

Hubby doing a jump

Me heading down

Anyone know what lake this is? We had no idea

Being from So Cal, I am NOT used to trails like this, but LOVED it!

Now onto Thunder Mountain, just outside of Bryce Canyon.

Me

Hubby on his 2NINER

Switchbacks

Hubby "JRA"

Going through the Hoo-Doo's

Hmm.. the desert

Off to Crested Butte we go tomorrow am!

·
Registered
937 Posts

Looks like you're off to a good start. I really like the picture above. I'm heading out to Colorado next month (isn't that your next stop?). I'm thinking about riding Thunder Mountain, too, on the way out. I usually get to Colorado by way of Flagstaff (or Arizona), but, it appears with the fires, they may keep the forests "closed" for quite some time.

Keep posting those pictures and continue having a great time.

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Great pics, fun rides.

The lake is Yankee Meadows Reservoir, by the way.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiice. I love left fork of Bunker creek down to panquitch lake. Fun fun trail. One of the few times I condone shuttling.

Great job capturing the essence of the trails. I especially liked your spread on Thunder Mountain. I've seen a bunch of pics of one or two spots on that trail... but you did a bang-up job giving us more. Thanks. Still haven't ridden that one yet, but it's definitely on the "to do" list.

Have fun in CO and keep the photos coming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.