Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the nurse in the ER says when she sees me hobble in, all twisted and grimacing, bicycle?, she asks, knowingly.
Rider Down forum.

Ride lots and post 'em guys; I need to ride vicariuosly through the healthy :thumbsup: :madman: :cryin:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
wow!

So sorry to learn of this. Please heed the Doc's advice and heal up quickly.

Lots of us have blogs in out sigs...perhaps between the blogs and the forums, you will find enough "bike fix".

·
old part timer
137 Posts
OUCH. Get well soon. I went down on my commute the last week of December and am just now back on the bike for the commute. First ride back on the mounatin bike is this weekend.

·
OMR - Old Man Riding
429 Posts
My heart goes out to you....

Some of us have been there (see RM's safety thread) and the rest of us are waiting to be there sometime in the future. Very sorry to hear about the crash... and although the broken bones and scraps will take a while to heal, you were still able to walk away (no pun intended :nono: ).

I know you'll be coming back stronger:thumbsup:

Heal quickly my friend, the SoCal trails await....

OMR..:cool:

·
Same old DAWG
97 Posts
Get Better Soon Dude!!

I've been nursing a shoulder injury since November. Doc says looks like arthritis. I say BS since I was fine before I went OTB!

Anyhow...GOOD LUCK!!!

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
getting better

even if it is not obvious. visit to the orthopedic surgeon confirmed no damage to the patella or bursa of the knee. :thumbsup:

1- outside wound on the knee has improved.
2- bruising on chest and back is starting to subside.

4 weeks until i can ride! thanks for all your good wishes! it means the world to me! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Wow, you definitely couldn't tell the severity of the bruising until those last shots! Heal up quick, but don't rush it. At least it happened in the cold season.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
shlt..

slocaus said:
even if it is not obvious. visit to the orthopedic surgeon confirmed no damage to the patella or bursa of the knee. :thumbsup:

1- outside wound on the knee has improved.
2- bruising on chest and back is starting to subside.

4 weeks until i can ride! thanks for all your good wishes! it means the world to me! :yesnod:
dude good luck with that..so what happened

·
Registered
42 Posts
ah i know that immobilizer all too well. feel very lucky, i went through 6 hours of surgery and about a year of rehab. i managed to completely tear my ACL, MCL and medial meniscus all in one shot! speddy recovery to you sir!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.