Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· There's no app for this.
5,368 Posts
Wtf?

I love my Enduro (03 comp) and have zero adjustments riding Vancouver's Norshore - entering 2nd year of thrashing it. And I just waited 9 months for my new frame, it was 6 months late. Sorry, I fail to see your problem? Jim :confused:

kurtdb1 said:
just ordered the Ziggarat (fisher) and am now told 3 WEEKS!!!...arrghh!

going back to Hardtail after 3 years on Enduro Pro. Sick of all the adjustments and fuss.

· We want... a shrubbery!
550 Posts
I feel your pain as well... I've been building my own bike for the past few months, and all my pieces are purchased. My seatpost should be coming in today, my cassette in the next few days, and last, my wheelset I'm having JensonUSA build... they're supposed to build it today or tomorrow--then throw shipping in to the East Coast--if I'm lucky, I'll have it on Saturday, but probably not until the beginning of next week. I think that's more painful than waiting for the first part (frame for me), to know that the bike will be finished in the next week--I'm at the mercy of UPS (or whichever shipping company they use!). AHHHHHHH!!!!! soo close...

· Registered
245 Posts
Me too!!!

I have been wating since December '04 for an '05 Dakar Pro. Then it was Jan, then Feb then March now mid April. Carbon shortages have delayed all bikes with any bits of carbon. Boy, the wait is hard, especially when the first race of the season is 4/10 and I have no hopes of getting the bike in time. Hardtail is still road tires and ready for 50 mile MS bike event. MTB rims are in need of truing and thread lock on the spokes.. They keep backing themselves out.
No mtbkng for me until mid-late april!!!
SUCKS!!!

· Registered
11,765 Posts
a 3 year old enduro makes it a 02'

kurtdb1 said:

going back to Hardtail after 3 years on Enduro Pro. Sick of all the adjustments and fuss.
they did have issues but over that same 3 years the designs been improved. The 04 and 05' enduro pros are great bikes. Adjustments and fuss..my butt.

PS: have you ridden a 04 or 05 enduro pro?

· Registered
999 Posts
Good call on the Ziggurat

kurtdb1 said:

You'll love it, worth the wait. Have my Big Sur going on 4.5 years, only bike (with many upgrades of course)

· Turner Homer
1,228 Posts
ickyickyptngzutboing said:
I feel your pain as well... I've been building my own bike for the past few months, and all my pieces are purchased. My seatpost should be coming in today, my cassette in the next few days, and last, my wheelset I'm having JensonUSA build... they're supposed to build it today or tomorrow--then throw shipping in to the East Coast--if I'm lucky, I'll have it on Saturday, but probably not until the beginning of next week. I think that's more painful than waiting for the first part (frame for me), to know that the bike will be finished in the next week--I'm at the mercy of UPS (or whichever shipping company they use!). AHHHHHHH!!!!! soo close...
Damm, now I know why my king wheelset is taking so long. Thanks a lot. Just kidding, btw what are you having them build for you?

550 Posts
I can't afford the King wheelset right now, so I had them build me a Hope Bulb (disc) w/ Mavic 717 disc rims--wheelsmith double butted spokes and alloy nipples (I'm a lightweight). I went with the Hope Bulb after reading reviews on them, and I liked the fact that they're a little beefier than the Hope XCs...
They just took the money out of my bank account tonight (I ordered the wheelset last Tuesday, March 29th) so I assume that the wheelset was built (I called on this past Tuesday and they said that the wheels would be built either Weds, Thursday.) So far, I'm pretty happy with the service, the ordering and spec'n out the wheels was extremely easy, and I can understand the wait--they have got to be swamped right now with the racing season beginning in many areas.
Also, I recieved the crankset and seatpost today... so all I'm waiting on is that wheelset!!! Again, this is pure agony. The weather here in VA has been in the mid 70s to low 80s and no clouds. Gorgeous, and I can't take my new baby out....

· Turner Homer
1,228 Posts
I can't afford the King wheelset right now, so I had them build me a Hope Bulb (disc) w/ Mavic 717 disc rims--wheelsmith double butted spokes and alloy nipples (I'm a lightweight). I went with the Hope Bulb after reading reviews on them, and I liked the fact that they're a little beefier than the Hope XCs...
They just took the money out of my bank account tonight (I ordered the wheelset last Tuesday, March 29th) so I assume that the wheelset was built (I called on this past Tuesday and they said that the wheels would be built either Weds, Thursday.) So far, I'm pretty happy with the service, the ordering and spec'n out the wheels was extremely easy, and I can understand the wait--they have got to be swamped right now with the racing season beginning in many areas.
Also, I recieved the crankset and seatpost today... so all I'm waiting on is that wheelset!!! Again, this is pure agony. The weather here in VA has been in the mid 70s to low 80s and no clouds. Gorgeous, and I can't take my new baby out....
Yeah I ordered mine on thursday last week, and they said they should be done by today or friday. I also had mine built with double butted spokes and alloy nipples because I am too a light weight. Enjoy your new wheels when jenson comes through.
Dave

· Registered
294 Posts
What kind of bike is it? Lets hear specs ;)

550 Posts
SpecialBrew said:
What kind of bike is it? Lets hear specs ;)
--'03 Specialized S-Works Epic frame--bought unused, brand new
--'03 Psylo Race front fork - I found an awesome deal on this, and I figure once my bank account recovers, I can afford a much lighter air fork :p
--Chris King NoThreadset Headset
--Thompson Elite 120mm x 5 degree rise stem
Easton CT2 (or C2T, I always get confused) Handlebar
Thompson Elite Seatpost
WTB Rocket V Saddle
SRAM 9.0 Halfpipe Shifters
XTR M960 R Derail
XT M760 F Derail
XT M760 Hollowtech II Crankset w/ bb
XT M760 Cassette
SRAM PC-99 Chain
Avid Flak Jacket Derail Cableset
Shimano M-858 Pedals (I think that's the model number...)
Avid 7 BBDB w/ Speed Dial 7 Levers and Flak Jacket Cableset
Wheelset - Hope Bulbs w/ Mavic XC 717 discs - Wheelsmith dbl butted spokes and alloy nipples

Going to a LBS this weekend to get tires and any other small details I overlooked...
I think that's it, needless to say, I'm just about broke--and college doesn't help lol

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its not a matter of not liking my End Pro...I'm keeping it for Resort Trips and Moab trips, etc. however, I just seem to enjoy climbing (I KNOW...ITS STRANGE) more than coming down...I am sick of brake drag (going with avid mech disc on front only and V on rear instead of hydraulic) sick of pivot squeek...not too often though...I just like simplicity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.