chinring: Anchor 30t
f-wheel: salsa rim/dimension 20mm hub
f-tire: maxxis holyroller 2.4
r-wheel: odyssey hazzard 14t cog/mavic 521
r-tire: kenda k-rad 2.3

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
that is a crazy bike. And you gotta help me, I just made a thread about stiffening up my gold label. Where/ How did you get firmer-than-stock springs? I have tried, but cant get a hold of manitou. Could you shoot me a PM or somethin? Thanks

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
well, personally I think it sucks major nuts . . .

heh heh heh . . . just kidding.

chainstay length please? It looks super short!

also, why k-rad and holly roller? I mean to say, is there any particular reason you are running basically the same tire but by different companies? not a criticism, just wondering . . .

super, super clean, what can I say?

I'm pimpin' my ride a bit, so I'll post a few pics when I'm done. also, maybe I'll get in some action shots for a change . . .

"a working class hero is something to be . . ."

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks
dirtyharry said:
chainstay length please? It looks super short!
it's listed as 15.4 but it's not completely slammed

also, why k-rad and holly roller? I mean to say, is there any particular reason you are running basically the same tire but by different companies? not a criticism, just wondering . . .
for one, thats what I had laying arround, plus there are a few other reasons, I had a tioga on my last bike, and that was huge, it deff wouldn't have fit in the tight cs yoke. allong the same lines, the k-rad is skinnier than the holy roller. and im not planning on keeping these for long, planning on going with the spec. pro rhythem

super, super clean, what can I say?

I'm pimpin' my ride a bit, so I'll post a few pics when I'm done. also, maybe I'll get in some action shots for a change . . .

"a working class hero is something to be . . ."

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
spec. rhythms are very sweet looking. Can anybody think of a sweeter looking tire? Seriously . . .

anyway, cully, I was thinking about how sweet a raw and yellow color scheme would be one day looking at my skateboard (don't flame me guys, I had the trucks and wheels lying around and bought a cheapo used deck (pretty decent though!) from a friend of mine and stuck it on. yellow deck with raw trucks very nice!)

mebbe if you every want to really, REALLY pimp out your ride you'd stick on a buttload of chrome or raw parts, hubs, headset, seatpost, stem, bars, cranks, pedals, etc. but leave on a black fork and cable, seat, etc. to compliment the tires . . .

that would be awesome, but maybe not your style?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Damn, that bike is so dialed it doesn't even need a rider to stay upright!

Seriously, that's one clean looking bike. Very nice.

Glad to see your new ride came out so good.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Cully, where you riding these days? I've been looking for stuff to ride since CPX closed. Would you mind taking me out one rare day that I'm not working?

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
cummings said:
that is a crazy bike. And you gotta help me, I just made a thread about stiffening up my gold label. Where/ How did you get firmer-than-stock springs? I have tried, but cant get a hold of manitou. Could you shoot me a PM or somethin? Thanks
www.toolanddie.com

Trust me on this one. This is what all of us USB guys use in our Sherman forks to stiffen them up. I weigh around 160 and use the haevy duty spring, Lee is a bit bigger than me and uses the extra heavy duty (Sean might use this one as well and he's in between). Anyway, lower you fork to the height you want by adding spacers, then cut the spring to length, grind the top as flat as you can so it fits neatly under the cap, put the cap back on and bingo. We have been running these springs since before the first USBs hit the street and none of us have had any problems at all. As a bonus, they are relatively cheap too! PM me if you need more help.

nam

1 - 20 of 33 Posts