Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just torn the rear deraileur off my rear swing arm on my Bullit. I have noticed on the Santa Cruz web site that you can get replacements for this. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, if I can get one from a dealer, any hints on how to replace it, to solve my problem. Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
freerider7140 said:
I have just torn the rear deraileur off my rear swing arm on my Bullit. I have noticed on the Santa Cruz web site that you can get replacements for this. Has anyone experienced this before? If so, if I can get one from a dealer, any hints on how to replace it, to solve my problem. Thanks
Are you talking about the der. or the hanger? The hanger is part of the frame and it would take a real hit to break that off (I'd like to see a pic too!). If you did, you'll need a new rear end from SC.

G

·
Nice job.

Looks like 2 things happened, you ruined the threads on the frame and you bent the hanger.

However there is good news, you can get the threads retapped and have a hanger saver put in so the next time you rip you derailer off, the bolt from the derailuer that goes into the frame breaks off and won't destroy the threads in the frame.

For the second problem you can get the frame bent back into place, however this can only be done once if its a really bad bend or a few times if its only mildly bent like in your case.

Your other option is to buy a new rear end which would be somewhere around 200 bucks or more.

Your best bet is to take it to a bike shop and see what they say.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Go Saint for a carefree ride

G'day ive always been scared of the same thing happening to my Bullit so scared that i recently changed to a Formular hub with a 10mm thru bolt joint to a Saint rear derailer, now i dont have to worry and ive already smacked my Saint around and thought FEW! im glad i bought the Saint. Also its better than getting a new rear triangle and having it happen again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.