Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, this is my bike:
03 bullit, 03 super t, fox rc, single wide rims, intense tires, x9 drivetrain, race face ns cranks, hayes mags, etc.

i do mostly freeride in the north shore.

Thinking about buying this bike and sell the bullit:
02 banshee scream, shiver dc, 26, 24. arrow rims, fox rc, holsfeller cranks, intense and gazza tires. hayes mags, etc.

i like the bullit because can be pedaled around, (we do have to pedal up once in a while) and the super t is so smooth. in general is more nimble.
i like the scream because is more stable going down steep, gnarly stuff. the suspension feels much better (less or no brake jack). the only thing i don't like about this bike is the weight.

i have ridden both, and i'll make up my mind soon.
just want to hear other riders opinions. thanks. go ride.

·
Registered
605 Posts
the 24 in the rear kinda feels like poo the 26 in rear on the banshee feels alot nicer in my opinion, also the banshee will have brake jack as the way the 4 bar is it acts pretty much as a single pivot it is not a FSR linkage, the bike is also quite old to just be purchasing when u have af ully capable bullit, are the shiver and the fox rc on the banshee original w/ no rebuild since new ? i do own a banshee and it's a great bike i also have the fox rc but it definately has brake jack, but has a fair amt of extra weight i am thinking of getting rid of my 03 scream frame for something like the Gemini DH w/ the floating brake.

if i where u i'd just ride the bullit your bike will pedal much better than the banshee with the RC * a 5th or DHX will make the banshee pedal way way nicer*, unless the banshee is priced cheap of course, definately the banshee would feel better on drops, it rides like a caddy but your bullit is a much nicer dual purpose bike i know a cple Bullit owners who go huge with close to same setup as yours with no probs. the main thing i'd be worried about is it's 3 yrs old frame / components. sorry if i ramble on ;p

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
might want to just put a Shiver on the Bullit with a floating break...presto...you will find your bike that much better. A lot of guys in San Diego do that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
the super T is a quality fork and matches the bullit perfectly, if i were u i'd ride that bullit and save this yr and look at buying an 04+ for next season or buy at the end of this season, shops put their bikes up pretty damn cheap near winter time, i work at one and it's just retarded how cheap they sell for around winter, cheaper than employee's can get em lol.

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Bullit

I like the Bullit. I've never ridden a Scream and don't get the idea of a 24 wheel in the back. I thought Shivers were heavier, like for massive drops...
Don't know. Sorry.
:(

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Put a Brake Therapy kit on the Bullit and maybe a heftier fork and you'll be good to go.

I wouldn't do the Scream without a 5th element or a DHX.

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
the bigger question to ask yourself is,

WHY?

if it's just that you need/want a change, go ahead.

I've owned both a Scream ('04) and Bullit ('02.5) and each has its merits and disadvantages.

I find the Bullit a more friendly bike 99% of the time. the Scream is friendlier in that 1% of the time you are going as big as 15' or more.

as to the recommendations to get a "burlier fork" for the Bullit, ignore that stupid PinkBike fluffery. Super T is plenty beefy. jeezus 4 years ago it's what almost everyone ran, and I doubt you go as big as the most bad-arse rider from 4 years ago, right? stay sane, stay sensible, but have fun!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey, thanks everybody. yeap, i decided to keep the bullit, and the comments agree with that.
i toyed around with the idea of buying my friends scream, because it does feel nice going down, its so fast and stable. lands like a plane, but i can't stand the weight, and i don't think i need it.
my bullit does the same but its a little bouncy on technical ground. maybe the brake jack. don't know.
anyway, i'll probably look at a similar bike next year, something like gemini or a session.

thanks, ride hard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.