Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hallo biker... i'am a fresh biker..
first i want to setup a bike, but i confused too decide it,,,
i want to build a bike with basic frame is santa cruz,..
my first option is heckler n second option is bullit,, can anyone help me too decide it beetwen this 2 frame (heckler n bullit) the strength and weaknees both of course...
any sugesstions?

i just want too be a freerider..
regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thaks my friend.. for yours opinion..
but i want to ask again,..
how far can bullit do the drop off.. 1 meter/2 meter or more?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a Bullit and a Heckler. I use the Bullit for freeride and downhill. It will take anything you throw at it (yes, drops 2 meters or more).

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got both I use the heckler for freeride and the bullit for downhill

So if you do a lot of climbing and no downhill take the heckler for bigger stuff I prefer the bullit

cheers

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Before you jump too deeply into a bullit, please let me share this.

Many people, including me started off with the intention of going big. We buy a bike bigger and with more travel than what we need. Well, why not, the extra travel will just be better on the downhill. I started out with a bullit and dual crown. But within a few month i realized that it is a bit too much bike for what i use it for 75% of the time. Stucked with it for 2 years. On top of doing DH, I also do AM rides or DH rides with non-shuttleable uphills. Within half a year, I sold the dual crown for a little lighter Van36 setup. And after two years, I sold the bullit for something else more flexible. There are tons of people out there that brought heckler and after a while exchanged for a Blur. And tons that went from bullit to heckler.

If you are a novice, unless you have a moto or bmx background, the chance of you actually using the bullit to it's max. potential within the first 1 or 2 year is not as likely. You might find that after a couple years you want to just go down to a heckler. I did propose to try a heckler first, as you can learn more overall skills with a versatile bike than to go all DH with it. Is like a beginner driver buying a Lotus vs. a Mustang. Sure the Lotus can be driven anywhere too, but you will learn much more about everyday valuable driving skills if you start with a mustang. Bullit is a fine bike, but unless your overall goal is to just ride drops and DH everyday, all day long, a heckler might be better in most situation.

Heckler can take 2 meters drop easily. Check the heckler in action photo thread and you will see. Its not only the bike, but the skills a rider has. There is a guy in the 4x thread that did a huge drop with 4" travel bike. I have also seen someone clear doubles with a superlight.

Sometimes, having more than you need might not be as desirable as finding something that is efficient.

Good luck. Either way you will have fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you TNC, hitek79, brainbckt, divere..
n big thanks to you loll
ok..i will keep that in my mind..
trully true, i just want have a bike with a long travel coz can do the drop off more..
but after i reading your post, i will think twice....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts