Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Hard to tell by looking at the pic for the bushing kit, but that looks like the pivot axle and bearing kit for the '99-'05 Bullits. For my '99 and '03 Bullits I just went to a local bearing supply and bought a pair of R-8-2RS "full complement" bearings for way less than that. I've never replaced the axle, as mine were in perfect condition at time of rebuild. I'm not sure why you'd need to replace both shock bolts either. The only thing that has worn on my two Bullits was the shock bushings and two pivot bearings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kind of seems like the bullit axle is low maintennance, but its been ard for about 9yrs without maintennance and i guess its good to just change the axle and bearings just to freshen it up. i was thinking that if the kit from SC doesnt fit, then i have no choice but to source for the bearings myself then. therefore just checking ard and seeking a 2nd opinion on this.

anyway, just checking, have you happened to break any bullit RD hangers b4? since the bullits from this age doesnt even have a removable hanger...

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
kind of seems like the bullit axle is low maintennance, but its been ard for about 9yrs without maintennance and i guess its good to just change the axle and bearings just to freshen it up. i was thinking that if the kit from SC doesnt fit, then i have no choice but to source for the bearings myself then. therefore just checking ard and seeking a 2nd opinion on this.

anyway, just checking, have you happened to break any bullit RD hangers b4? since the bullits from this age doesnt even have a removable hanger...
I've never broken or even bent either hanger. I've since sold the '99, but it belongs to someone I know, and it's still going strong. I'm not trying to change your mind about the bearing and bolt kit, but unless you've had some noticeable damage, all it probably ever needs are the two bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.