Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, this is my first time posting on the board

for christmas i got a 2004 bullit with a progressive 5th element on the rear 8.5 2.5 it came with a 350 and a 375 lbs coil, but i weigh 230lbs with my gear on, what spring rate should i get? anyone weigh around 230 chime in? also anyone got any heavier springs they want to trade for a 350 and 375?

thanks again

Dan R

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
danred760 said:
hello everyone, this is my first time posting on the board

for christmas i got a 2004 bullit with a progressive 5th element on the rear 8.5 2.5 it came with a 350 and a 375 lbs coil, but i weigh 230lbs with my gear on, what spring rate should i get? anyone weigh around 230 chime in? also anyone got any heavier springs they want to trade for a 350 and 375?

thanks again

Dan R
The only place, I know of, you can get a spring for a 5th now is a Manitou, and yer gonna need around a 500 or 600lb spring. Somewhere there'abouts. You might get lucky and find one though, good luck. 5ths have become old school very quick. Still a good shock IMO. I ran a 425 spring on my Bullit & I'm 170 w/o gear.

·
Registered
383 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.