Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to put on RS Boxxer Team to ma '07 Bullit. (currently using '07 Marzocchi 66 RC2ETA). Got advise from friends not to the used boxxer due to lower geometry .. bla bla...something like that..., unlike older version of bullit.

can any1 advise on this..

·
Registered
471 Posts
No reason you can't put a Boxxer on a Bullit.2. It'll slacken the head angle a midge from, say, a Totem, but not such that'll mess anything up. I'd put Boxxers on mine, to replace the Totems, but RockShox don't make a pie boy spring for the current generation Boxxer :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
al_bullit said:
No reason you can't put a Boxxer on a Bullit.2. It'll slacken the head angle a midge from, say, a Totem, but not such that'll mess anything up. I'd put Boxxers on mine, to replace the Totems, but RockShox don't make a pie boy spring for the current generation Boxxer :(
so let me get this straight.. there will not much geometry issues if i used boxxer fork... are u the owner of 07/08 bullit?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I own both and old and a new Bullit. I have Boxxers on the old one and Totems on the new. I want Boxxers on the new - I tried my old Boxxers on the new Bullit and it was better (for me, for DH). Sadly my old Boxxers are toast, so the Totems are still on for now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Im with Al, i own a new and old Bullit. My Bullit.2 has Totems on it now but i previously had 07 888 SL ATA's on it before, i changed the travel on them from 170mm - 200mm and there were no problems, only a small change in feal and ride but nothing unridable by any means.
Of course with Boxxers your bottom bracket will be higher and head angle will be slacker which will be fine if you plan on riding down most the time? Personally im loving my Totems and my Bullit feals great, mind you i also run the Floating brake which makes it a even better ride.
I would recommend the floating brake if you shuttle alot!

·
Registered
471 Posts
CHUNKY NUGGET said:
I would recommend the floating brake if you shuttle alot!
At the risk of hijacking a thread (sorry), what cranks are you running with the floating arm? I'm tempted to pick one up when I'm in the USA next month (weak dollar, cheaper!) but I run 73mm Saint cranks ATM and don't want to have to change them. I know the 150mm rear means my chainline will suck (I'll move the chainring onto the outside of the tabs) but will running standard Saints mean the cranks clip the floating arm? What is your clearance like?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Travis too...

I am building up a new Bullit for Innocent Bystander, and put a 203mm travis Ti on it, and the geometry feels great in my opinion. I think this makes the Bullit a very versatile frame, anywhere from a 32 pound all mountain rig, to a 42 pound DH rig.

She's gonna be purdy too, in white....

Pics should be available here in a day or two.

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
Banshee Rider said:
Sound advice.
I didn't get what year, length Boxxer we're talking about here.

07 66rc2 eta has a 565mm axle to crown.
The 8" Boxxer Team has a 569mm axle to crown

That's only a 4mm difference - not worth mentioning.

If we're talking about an older 7" Boxxer, then it'll drop the front 1" and it'll over a degree steeper.

·
Registered
471 Posts
.Danno. said:
If we're talking about an older 7" Boxxer, then it'll drop the front 1" and it'll over a degree steeper.
Depends how far you drop the stantions through the crowns... My 7" Boxxer is a couple of mm longer than my Totem, with how I have them set.

·
Registered
581 Posts
.Danno. said:

07 66rc2 eta has a 565mm axle to crown.
The 8" Boxxer Team has a 569mm axle to crown

That's only a 4mm difference - not worth mentioning.

Good point! Ive never measured the 07 66RCs so i didnt know the comparison, i just imagined the 08 Boxxers with 203mm travel would be a bit taller, tho it does depend on how you set up the crowns.
As for Al Bullit, mate im not sure of the spacing that your saints have but what i can tell you is that the floating brake arm sticks out no more than the bottom chainstay, i run 170mm holzfeller cranks and the spacing between crank and chainstay is 17mm and the gap between the holzys and the brake arm is also 17mm. I think if your cranks miss your rear triangle they'll miss the floating brake arm:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts