Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a good deal on a Rainbow BC70W video helmet cam. It has 380 lines of resolution and 70 degree field of view. Is it worth it? I know its not top of the line, but I don't have big bucks to throw down right now. The question is: is it good enough, or will the quality be so poor as to make it useless?

John

·
Registered
497 Posts
Jisch said:
I have a chance to get a good deal on a Rainbow BC70W video helmet cam. It has 380 lines of resolution and 70 degree field of view. Is it worth it? I know its not top of the line, but I don't have big bucks to throw down right now. The question is: is it good enough, or will the quality be so poor as to make it useless?

John
The Rainbow BC70 will work just fine for recording the trails or your buddys back as follow him up and down a mountain. They are a little big for making a helmet mount but it can be done. At .5 lux it will have very good low light performance. If you are making your own cam there are more options out there. I like this one for helmet cams, it is 1/4" x 1/2" deep and out preforms the Rainbow at under $100.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.