Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm going to be camping at Collins Lake with the family over the weekend and I was thinking about riding Bullards Bar. Is the trail in good shape ? was looking at a map and figured I'd do bullards and loop back up 8 ball, is the place marked well ? anything I should know ?

Thanks, Danny

·
gimme friction
1,119 Posts
Wow, brave family camping in February. Well played! BTW, the trout fishing might be good at Collins right now...

Bullard's should be OK...probably a lot of downed trees at this point in the season, and slick as snot on the trail 'cuz it gets no sunshine until later in the year.

But it's a fun ride, and lake should be full-ish...everything's well marked out there, so you won't get lost. Have fun, and report back on conditions...I might make a run up there myself some time soon.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have been up there twice in the last month and a half, last trip up was the 31st of Jan, the trail is pretty slick but still amazingly fun. only about 6 downed trees blocking the trail. You will be fine as long as you aren't scared of heights

pretty well marked but finding the top of the first decent after climbing up from the market can be hard. just look for a few big doubles. and then 3/4 of the way down there is a tight right hand hairpin DON NOT FOLLOW THE HAIR PIN continue going straight down

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well just got home and unpacked from the camping trip. Bullards is a pretty nice trail I'm sure it can be real "flowy" if you know it a couple of the rock "sections" took me by surprise but it was all good. I think there were like 3 trees down in the loop I did, I took Bullards down to School house and back up 8 ball.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts