Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.....I went for my backyard ride at Bullard's Bar on March 9th.....What a mess...Trees down all over...I am trying to put together a group of people to do some work out there....I was thinking sunday, no rain in the forecast, so.........let me know if you are interested....I have two chain saws and that should be plenty. Peas

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On April 23rd

Hows it....yea im aware of that....BONC is doing a trail day on April 23rd which is a ways from now.

Also they will be concentrating on a washout which is below the Dark Day Boat Ramp. It could take a bit of effort just to get there...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Downed Trees

Thanks for your interest. Bullard's is a needy trails system. Every year, we see so many downed trees and washouts on these trails. Did you have a chance to coordinate with USFS? They were in need of chain saw volunteers to work on BB. There are some moto riders who help out on BB each year. A big thank you to them.

On 4/23, BONC will focus on a number of projects out there. Work around the the huge Dark Day erosion canyon may or may not be part of that work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea...tried Joe Chavez a couple of times....voicemail....I have a chain saw i know how to use it, i will be out there this weekend.....this post was to organize an impromtu group to do some much needed maintanence on a great winter time trail system....thanx for the opinions, but thats not what i posted for. If a little work gets done now even more will get done on the 23rd...True?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update...Started at the parking area at Rebel Ridge trailhead....I must have cut 15-20 trees in 3/4 of a mile....turned back cause it was getting dark....my goal was to get to the lake....not quite...One massive uprooted tree that pulled up a chunk of the trail when it went down...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Went out this morning to continue on the trail....Started at the Rebel Ridge parking area...I made it a bit easier to walk through where the tree uprooted, then continued cutting....At one point it was just tree after tree and i wondered what i had got myself into.(emotinally attached to a trail?)...then after about two hours and just shy of my lakeside goal, two motorcycles with chain saws...Whoop Whoop...They told me a few teams were out there working with Joe Chavez....any relation to Ceasar? anyway...by the end of today my local yocal will be cleared.....

I hope everyone reading this a very heartfelt peace in lieu of this possible meltdown in Japan....couldn't slleep last night kept thinking about my family my sweet innocent children....I grew up in Pennsylvania, half hour from harrisburg and three mile island....I remember asking my father....."Dad whats a meltdown?".....Peace

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Thanks

Again, thank you so much for your efforts! My wife and I rode Round Mountain and saw your handiwork. Great stuff.

I know that I am emotionally attached to Bullards. That is what happens when you volunteer on a trail system for 10+ years.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: Thinking the trail was cleared, I went out for a ride today....Parked at 7 Ball then rode up 8 ball to Rebel Ridge all clear....Down Rebel Ridge, all clear....Went Left toward Dark Day....Trees everywhere....I called Joe and He said they made it 1/3 of a mile up the lakeside trail from Dark Day....So the Lakeside stretch from Rebel Ridge to Dark Day has not been cleared.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.