Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This past weekend, there was a forest fire out at Bull Mountain. According to the fire fighters we talked to, 440 acres had been burned up before it was controlled. AND, they think someone may have set the fire.

The fire was mainly in the Jones Creek Ridge area, so that trail is definitely shut down for the time being. I've ridden everything to the east, and that is completely unaffected. I'm not sure if the main Bull Mountain loop is affected or not, as I haven't ridden it this week. I do know that the fire didn't reach the parking lot, though.

More pictures are available on my blog.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hate to hear that. I've only ridden Bull Mtn a few times, but enjoy those trails. At least it didn't affect Turner Crk - one of my favorites.

Not meaning to hijack, but .... When climbing Bare Hare (after Lance Crk interscetion, clockwise) there is a fork. I always take the left trail up a short rocky climb. After the really rocky sections, I reach the service road for a long downhill. Where does the right trail go? It looks fairly steep at the fork.

https://pages.prodigy.net/bikemap/BullMnt4.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.