Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this older NightSun dual beam set up, its not HID, but it works fine for me. I dropped it and the low beam bulb filament broke. How do I get the old bulb out and can I get a replacement at Radio Shack or do I have to get one from NightSun?

A Friday night ride depends on you guys...

John

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
If it's a standard MR11 bulb, you can use a NiteRider, Jet or others in the same voltage range or possibly use a hardware store type bulb for cheap. The more expensive bulbs are whiter, brighter, and more efficient with a smoother beam pattern. I have no experience with NightSun but I've read there customer service was atrocious. You might check with them anyway. Good luck.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep MR11

Homebrew said:
If it's a standard MR11 bulb,
Wow, that's great info. I just pulled it apart and it is an MR-11 type bulb. Off to Home Despot at lunch!

John

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Jisch said:
Wow, that's great info. I just pulled it apart and it is an MR-11 type bulb. Off to Home Despot at lunch!

John
If you buy one from HD, make sure it has the same front glass as the one you have. A lot of the display bulbs are open on the front exposing the fragile inner bulb.

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one's open too...

Homebrew said:
If you buy one from HD, make sure it has the same front glass as the one you have. A lot of the display bulbs are open on the front exposing the fragile inner bulb.
This one has no glass over the front, its protected by a plastic lens which is part of the enclosure - held on by a snap clip.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts